Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• love both of it, especially number 21.
    In progressing!!

Comment

• Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My new MW Legend cue =)
      In progressing!!

Comment

• Love the intensity of the tulip behind the snakewood,really defines the front splice and separates it from the ebony butt.Beautifully proportioned cue as well,cant wait for mine.

Comment

• On cue 21, getting the humbug line to stay perfectly central was so so hard. You see when you apply slippery glue, then clamp it tight, the splice wants to slide out of line as you have forces going against what is in effect a wedge. Took me some time to suss how to get that right. 1mm out and the line would have looked terrible.
          http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• Originally Posted by Jasonteh6688 View Post

My new MW Legend cue =)

Been waiting for pics of this, very nice it is too bud..

Congrats man...

Loving the black SD joint, mmm mmmm......

Comment

• Mr school of the old, Ive kept your number and I do admit I keep sliding you down the pile.
              Give it a few months and then give me your final spec and pay me a small deposit, that way I will stop putting you off and get a cue done for you.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
                Been waiting for pics of this, very nice it is too bud..

Congrats man...

That Black SD joint looks killer. Could be the start of drifting away from the traditional brass eh?
                It has the look of black alloys on a Porsche 911.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
                  That Black SD joint looks killer. Could be the start of drifting away from the traditional brass eh?
                  Sure is time brass was sacked and summat like this is used widespread.

Love it, well done mike. very innovative and i can see this defo being the benchmark for future joints...

Comment

• Jason , if I remember rightly you have saved one of your original 1 1/2" ash blanks ( should be nicely seasoned by now) and some cocobolo and some longer ebony.I sent specs in June and can send them again if you so wish,the veneers were the only query I had,as to a deposit,basically anytime you are ready.I have no problem " sliding down the pile " as I wanted quad ,secondary splices in cocobolo over veneers and as yet you have not done any quad splicing as you said you wanted to perfect single front splices first ( by the way I think you have now done this).If you are ready for quad splicing please let me know and I will continue this via PM. Please keep up all the good work in the New Year it is rightly appreciated and lauded on this forum.All the best for the New Year " Mr School of the Old aka "old school" .Cheers Jason.

Comment

• Mr Old, I have kept a few of the earlier ash blanks back so thats no problem. to be honest your specs are probably sat in a PM somewhere. Give me until Feb and then I will get all info together from you along with a deposit and I should then be in a position to get your cue going.
                      The lower 4 splices is just an extension of the skills involved with doing the main splices so im fairly confident there. I am happy with the main splicing now, still making very fine adjustments to the length of the splice fingers and the length of the whole butt. I quite like an 18 to 18.5inch butt, have tried 17inch which is more old style but like the feel of the longer butt.
                      Ive made 18 cues now, still learning and still have loads and loads to learn. The problem with wood is every bit is different and so nothing is standard procedure.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Jasonteh6688 View Post

My new MW Legend cue =)
                        Jason, what a lovely piece of art you have there. Congrats.
                        Mike's work is so clean and precise. I love it so much!!!!
                        Last edited by poolqjunkie; 27 December 2011, 02:56 AM.
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• cool as f+ck , hope its as good as it looks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by bbos View Post
                            cool as f+ck , hope its as good as it looks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            It is!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post

Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
                              Oy! It ain't an sd joint.

Neither Steve Davis nor John Parris have anything to do with me, so kindly do not call anything of mine by a John Parris term.

It's an MW joint in the base of an MW cue.

It's not a Steve Davis joint.

Don't put me in a bad mood before 2012 even starts for gods sake...

What you see there is my F1 joint. In ultra light black alloy. Also available in traditional brass.
                              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• a formula 1 butt plug wow,do they come in skin colour lol

Comment

Working...
                                X