This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
    all i can say is over the last few years, none of my cues with 'secret' joints, from airlock through airtwist and now the new F1 have suffered the damage you are concerned about.

the walls are not that thin anyway, and particularly now with the added features of F1 plus very tight tolerance with fitting, they are absolutely solid, so i do not consider it to be an issue.

keep the faith...
    Don't worry, I'm a believer I think the joint will perform really well.
    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

• That black joint is definitely a winner. Looks really cool!!!!!
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Lovely cues cueman, hope your big break comes with them :snooker:
        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• I like the cue shaft on the right Cueman which seems to have no Ash grain filler.

One of the reasons I prefer maple cues is because of the grain distraction, especially when a grain filler is used to highlight the grain.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
            especially when a grain filler is used to highlight the grain.
            Ebony/Rosewood dust highlights the grain, filler fills it. The grain isn't overly visible on a lot of ash until it has the dust rubbed in and then filled. (It is still visible, but doesn't stand out anywhere near what it is like on a finished cue).
            If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

• Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
              I like the cue shaft on the right Cueman which seems to have no Ash grain filler.

One of the reasons I prefer maple cues is because of the grain distraction, especially when a grain filler is used to highlight the grain.
              It is filled although not with a dark grain filler. Seems like a very light coloured filler has been used by Craftsman on this cue, though the lighting effect also makes it look a bit lighter than it really is. The mastercraft is very dark though but beautiful at the same time. Both appear a bit lighter than they really are.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                I would like to say these are mine, but i havn't won the lottery so their not
                Belong to Andrew Watt, must be the shiniest cues iv'e ever seen, enjoy

Nice colleciton there. Lovely work from Trevor. Thanks for sharing.
                The second cue from right with what appears to be Goncalo Alves has much higher ebony splices than the rest of the cues.
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Thuya burr cue looks really classy .

Comment

• The Chevrons on the 2 cues to the right look fantastic .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Last time I saw anything that oiled up was one lonely evening on the internet!
                      One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                        Nice colleciton there. Lovely work from Trevor. Thanks for sharing.
                        The second cue from right with what appears to be Goncalo Alves has much higher ebony splices than the rest of the cues.
                        Oh, is that what it is? Stunning. A warm orange glow which reminds me of the setting sun.
                        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
                          Oh, is that what it is? Stunning. A warm orange glow which reminds me of the setting sun.
                          I think so, but may be we should ask Mr. White the master cue maker himself.:-)
                          I love the shaft on this cue, and yeah the colour of the Alves, too.:-)
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                            I have no idea why some people said I have an obsession with snakewood.
                            Anyway, here is a one piece maple just finished.
                            Happy New Year to all my friends on TSF.
                            that snaker wood extension is beautiful
                            哈哈哈哈哈
                            Last edited by markstar; 4 January 2012, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=poolqjunkie;612828]Nice colleciton there. Lovely work from Trevor. Thanks for sharing.
                              The second cue from right with what appears to be Goncalo Alves has much higher ebony splices than the rest of

I think it's tulipwood

Comment

• Wow, they are shiny......... Have you been on the furniture polish Andy.?

The cue second from the right has Brazilian tulipwood splices. Goncalo Alves is much more brown in colour.

Comment

Working...
                                X