Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign up and upload the pics onto photobucket and next to the picture they give you the link for various purposes. forums, direct links etc. just copy the link into the thread and the picture appears by magic
    http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=IMG_0077.jpg
    You should be able to see the links if you look at one of my pics here
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

• Thanks Rob, I'll give it a try after playing some.

Mike

Comment

• nope, me neither.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
          Keith,

If I don’t spend all evening on here, I’ll take some pictures after some practice. I mentioned in another thread that I have a Master Custom on the way, but I can see another cue in the near future. I roast and sell coffee as a hobby and used the money on the Master. I can see its time to look for more clients.

Mike
          Mike,

I hope your practice was enjoyable. Making and selling coffee to buy cues is a great idea! Is your coffee any good? I hope so, for your sake! I can feel a lot of roasting going on in the near future What kind of coffee beans do you roast and does your coffee transport well?

Keith
          Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

• Keith,

Practise went surprisingly well, considering I haven’t picked up a cue much lately. I have been reorganizing my room lately and taking pictures for insurance reasons. As you can tell from my posting of pictures. I took some close ups of my cue and will post them in the morning. I have been up since 6 AM and from the look of the weather forecast, it will be a very early morning. Last I saw they were forecasting more snow (20-40cm), just what we need.

I usually carry 4 or 5 different countries. My favourite originate from Africa and Ethiopia. Most people do not realize that after roasting, coffee stays fresh for 2 weeks only. That is in the unground state. After grinding, it stays fresh for 2 hours. There is no way to keep it fresh. Most people consider coffee a bitter drink, when in fact, when fresh, it is quite the opposite. Cream and sugar are often used to mask the bitterness. With fresh coffee, drinking it black is quite enjoyable. Actually it was pool that tweaked my interest in coffee, but that is another story.

Mike

Comment

• There is a way of making it stat fresh... NESCAFE!!!!!
              sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Noel, how big of a dog do you have, do you have a garage?

There is a chance I will be in Toronto Monday evening and possibly (if my daughter doesn’t have me playing chauffer) have some free time. Are you interested in getting together for a game?

Mike
                Absolutely Mike...
                I'll PM you.

=o)

Noel

Comment

• Originally Posted by LavaChild View Post
                  All look stunning... My fave is a tie between the bottom one and the one fifth from the bottom
                  yeah 5th from the bottom for me

Comment

Thanks Rob, I'll give it a try after playing some.

Mike
                    If you'd like to upload the odd few photos without an account you can do so here - Convenient and quick

Comment

• Rob,

To a coffee geek saying Nescafe is like swearing. When you say coffee, most people think of Columbian. That is due to marketing because rarely Columbian coffee makes it into the top ten in the world.

Mike

Comment

• Lavachild, thanks for the info. I have joined Photobucket and about to give it a try.

Mike

Comment

• I am not certain how this will work, if it doesn’t, blame RGCirencester .

This should be better pictures of my cue.

Also an update for all those concerned about my weather, We didn’t get near the snow they forecasted but freezing rain accompanied the snow with winds of 60 km. I am in the school bus business so unfortunately at this time of the year weather is a concern. So if you have any children on my buses, buses are cancelled today!! Now everyone can rest easy.

Mike

Comment

• Wow!.... Mike... It's lovely here today... sunny 6C pale blue sky cottonball clouds...
                            thanks for the cue pics... Ahhhh... Parris in Springtime!

=o)

Noel

PS. mind if I take a few hits with it mate?

Comment

• Noel,

No problem at all with trying it. I'll call in a few minutes. We still have another few week of winter left up here.

Mike

Comment

• Originally Posted by bigkev View Post
                                yeah 5th from the bottom for me
                                Hi there bigkev,

The cue 5th from the bottom is a Dave Coutts maple cue with an ebony butt, 4 maple veneers, 4 kingwood splices, 4 maple veneers and a further 4 kingwood splices. The kingwood is cut in one direction on one set of splices and crosscut in the other set. He cut a brass diamond, signed it and inset it into the chamfer of the cue. It's actually even more beautiful in real life! A real collector's piece.

Keith
                                Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Working...
                                X