This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
    Thanks, the finish is not quite cured yet and it was raining/cloudy so the picture is not really that good. These cues are all going to the same client in Hong Kong.

I have locked myself up in the workshop so I can finish all the back orders asap.:-)

Regarding your cue please kindly give me another 2 weeks. I have not forgotten about you, just been extremely busy finishing one cue after another. Thank you very much for your patience...
    how long do you leave the oil to dry airin

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
      how long do you leave the oil to dry airin
      It depends. If the wood seems to be soaking up like crazy then I may even apply a bit more and leave it a bit longer but if the wood is very dense and not taking much oil then I wont leave it on for so long.
      The finish is sometimes dried but not cured in that case I will leave it on for a while then buff, polish, and such.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• you lost me a bit there airin if its dried int it cured ,dont quite understand that

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
          you lost me a bit there airin if its dried int it cured ,dont quite understand that
          Sorry mate about the confusion.
          When the finish is dried it means you can put your hand on it and it will not feel wet or sticky or whatever.
          Curing is not the same thing as drying.
          Have you been to an auto body shop when the car paint is dried but not cured yet? Usually when the finish is not cured you can smell it as the solvent is evaporating although it is dry to the touch.
          Last edited by poolqjunkie; 13 March 2012, 01:44 AM.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• right understand now so ile leave it a bit longer before buffing,cheers airin

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
              Just finishing up now, this batch of cues is going to Hong Kong next week.
              Last cue from right is very very beautiful :watermelon:

Comment

• Jim I think your finish looks very good already. I guess it really just depends on what you are using as some products have a much longer curing time than drying time but some dont.

By the way, here is my first creation with Honduras rosewood, hope you all like it. Thank you.

Last edited by poolqjunkie; 15 March 2012, 02:48 AM.
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Very nice looking cue.

Comment

• That is stunning Airin , sure thats the wood on my mast cue .

Comment

• What's the difference between a mast wales cue and a trevor white cue?

Comment

• That is nice, id like a full butt in that.
                        http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• Originally Posted by Guy3103 View Post
                          What's the difference between a mast wales cue and a trevor white cue?
                          Just different badges , mast were his earlier cues , he changed his badges around eight years ago i think .
                          Last edited by hotpot; 15 March 2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the info mate!!

Here's my JP Ultimate 1407

This one comes with a bit of history... It is my first quality hand made cue which my wife gave me as a bday present back in Nov 2009. It was the main reason for me going back to playing snooker after a 2 year break. I played with this cue for 18 months during which I was really struggling to play anything close to decent snooker. My highlight with it was 1 good performance in a league tournament about a year after I first started playing with it. To make things even worse it developed a couple of cracks on the secondary splicings after about half a year which was also a big disappointment for me paying so much for it. Fortunately I came to the conclusion that my bad playing might not be because myself not being capable but because of this cue simply not fitting me. So I started looking for an alternative cue and with it came a gradual improvement in my game.

Today after having a little more knowledge on cues I can definitely say that it's a very good quality of a cue but it's just not good for me as I prefer more of a lighter cue and a forward balanced cue. This one has a very heavy butt.

It was over at JP's for a refinish and also filling of the cracks I mentioned about a month ago and although I know i'm not going to play with it anymore I will most probably just keep it for my collection

3/4 Ash shaft + Ebony butt + 4 secondary splices in snakewood with blue veneers.

59", 19.5oz, 9.5mm, 30mm
                            Last edited by Guy3103; 27 October 2012, 05:46 AM.

Comment

• My new cue as of today.

Jason Owen (033) - Ash shaft - Ebony butt - Quilted maple and Ebony veneers with Birds eye maple front splice.

26mm Butt
                              9.5mm Tip
                              18Oz Weight
                              57" Length
                              Matching mini-butt

IMG_9118.jpgIMG_9119.jpgIMG_9121.jpgIMG_9122.jpgIMG_9124.jpg

Comment

• Very nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X