This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
    There's just something so sexy about a plain ebony butt...
    Def. Awesome cue m8.. Gradz!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
      Def. Awesome cue m8.. Gradz!
      +1 :snooker:
      "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
        +1 :snooker:
        Thanks guys...

It's a gem. Good solid feel, chevrons lined up with the ebony splice and the flat of the butt. The ebony is black throughout. Delightful to look at and play with.

My only gripe was that the finish on this cue wasn't quite as smooth as my Trevor White cue (it's still a good finish though)... but then again, TW cues are really tough to beat, on all fronts.
        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

but then again, TW cues are really tough to beat, on all fronts.
          Yeah, agreed.. TW 4tw.

Comment

There's just something so sexy about a plain ebony butt...

And it's got the coolest, meanest name for a cue...

Here's BLACK BONE by Praram III cues... Go ahead, make my day...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/515/photo1xul.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ackbone1s.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ackbone2s.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ackbone3s.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ackbone4s.jpg/
            Lovely mate, and this goes back to a discussion about a cue that wasn't jet black on the ebony side of things on the forum. In jet black it looks fantastic doesn't it? Like a black tie on a dinner suit; never out of fashion, classy. I think Davis loves plain black doesn't he?
            Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Thanks guys...

It's a gem. Good solid feel, chevrons lined up with the ebony splice and the flat of the butt. The ebony is black throughout. Delightful to look at and play with.

My only gripe was that the finish on this cue wasn't quite as smooth as my Trevor White cue (it's still a good finish though)... but then again, TW cues are really tough to beat, on all fronts.
              Is this a flat belly cue mate, with a lovely smooth shaft bottom?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post
                Is this a flat belly cue mate, with a lovely smooth shaft bottom?
                There are some chevrons at the reverse of the cue and they are pointing in opposite directions. But I quite like that, I feel it gives the cue a character.

Kind of difficult to put into words, so here's one of the photos Jack / Praram III cues sent me:

photo 5.JPG

Kudos to Jack and his craftsmen at Praram III cues. I forgot to mention that in my previous post. How rude of me.
                When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

There are some chevrons at the reverse of the cue and they are pointing in opposite directions. But I quite like that, I feel it gives the cue a character.

Kind of difficult to put into words, so here's one of the photos Jack / Praram III cues sent me:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11166[/ATTACH]

Kudos to Jack and his craftsmen at Praram III cues. I forgot to mention that in my previous post. How rude of me.
                  I'm playing with a cue with a flat belly and there's no way I would go back to chevrons underneath, but each to his own. If you like it, that's great. You could get any bumps around the chevrons removed though, and have the whole cue rubbed down with p2000, then oiled. It would be as good as any cue manufacturer could produce, even TW.

Comment

• I have a 2 cues with flat belly at te back of the shaft,one omin and one c brand. I find it not much different if the cue is well finished , my tw and mw cues is way smoother than both of my flat belly cue
                    In progressing!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
                      Hi there, just getting back into me snooker after not playing for over 10 years(blame golf!:biggrin
                      I'm playing with my lovely 15 year old handmade/hand spliced(ebony) Britannia 3/4 ash cue which I've kept in my Barracuda Tournament Case(aluminium).
                      Basic cue specs are 58" long and just over 19oz which I have recently had a base joint fitted buy Robert Osborne and purchased a ebony mini butt & extension from him for it.
                      I've also been playing around with a lovely silky smooth Smith & Nelson "The Sportsman Cue" maple cue which is 57 1/4" long and just over 19oz which was originally a 1 piece but been converted into a 3/4 cue which is kept in a Cheddar Classics aluminium case.
                      Would add photos but can't do at mo.

By the way...great forum guys:encouragement:
                      finally got round to doing and enough posts to do some photo's of my 15 year old Britannia cue:biggrin:

the Smith & Nelson(lovely smoth shaft) maple was sold to Mick(old school) but recently bought a very nice Andy Travis 1 piece maple(african black wood butt with a front splice of wenge and a maple vaneer) and a Pheonix Unity machine spliced(georgeous chevrons and plain under belly) from John(JRC147) which you can photo's here http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...13-Phoenix-cue which i am looking for to receiving thursday/friday
                      the Andy Travis cue is currently on its way to him for a few alterations which i can't wait too see as i love this cue and my 1st 1 piece/maple aswell!!

caught the snooker bug again lol!!!!!!!:snooker::biggrin:
                      VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                      Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                      Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                      Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

• Your Pheonix Unity looks to be hand spliced, not machine spliced. Is it? Nice looking cue all the same.
                        The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                          Your Pheonix Unity looks to be hand spliced, not machine spliced. Is it? Nice looking cue all the same.
                          Definitely machine spliced mate, and yes it's a great cue for the money

Comment

• some more of my cues all mannocks and repsleft to right,the maple one just got of narl,a pearwood one with altered splices going to resplice myself, my trev ,cue guru and my own copies

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                              some more of my cues all mannocks and repsleft to right,the maple one just got of narl,a pearwood one with altered splices going to resplice myself, my trev ,cue guru and my own copies
                              some crackers there mate, the trev my fav tho. love the burr on that

Comment

• hi matty the pearwood one not sure wether to have 4 snakewood lower splices or 4 burr lower splices or might even alternate snakewood and burr

Comment

Working...
                                X