X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The round butt looks awesome.

Comment

• Thanks. My TW will also be plain ebony round butt with select shaft. Who knows I might eventually order the same cue from every cuemaker I know ...maybe a round Legend

Comment

• Originally Posted by Tred View Post
        That looks stunning!
        x2 that's my kind of style very plain and alot of black, just the way i like it...
        Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• one for shownot plain black

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
            one for shownot plain black
            That first picture makes it look like the cue is under a sunbed !

Comment

• Originally Posted by jykl2119 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]11593[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11594[/ATTACH]
              ...The cue was made by Ton Prahram in May and my specs to him was the blackest ebony with clean evenly spaced chevrons and splices perfectly aligned top and bottom. Must say the cue is everything I requested for and plays great which is the most important thing...
              Which cue series you've got there? Is that the Black Bone? I've got one too...

My experience with Ton Praram cues was the same as you. Cues were solidly built with good playing qualities. The specs are followed very closely. Accurate, even splicing.

Black Bone 2_s.jpgBlack Bone 4_s.jpg
              When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

• Been a very long wait, but finally got my hands on my Robin Cook 3/4 Cocobola cue (plus a bonus plain ebony one piece )
                Very very nice quality, splice work is mm perfect, finish is just as good as Trevor's, i have a day off tomorrow to try them out.
                Specs: Cocobola 58", 9.5, 18.5 oz, 29.25 butt, 17" balance point, 3/4 split at 16"
                Ebony 58", 9.5, 18 oz, 30 butt, 17 1/2" balance point
                Not easy getting good pics of cocobola but here goes

Last edited by jrc750; 23 August 2012, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Great photos, stunning cues, particularly the Cocobola one...

Comment

• Thanks mate, just hope they play as good as they look and if they don't it will be my fault lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by Tred View Post
                      Great photos, stunning cues, particularly the Cocobola one...
                      x2. Agreed. Haha, nice

Comment

• JRC - absolutely stunning pair of robins there. :snooker:
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I agree with DeanH, beautiful looking cues, the cocabola is a great choice for the butt. If you don't mind me asking, how much did this set you back, did Robin do you a discount to take the 1 piece as well?

If you don't get on with the 1 piece can I have first refusal?

Comment

• Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
                            Which cue series you've got there? Is that the Black Bone? I've got one too...

My experience with Ton Praram cues was the same as you. Cues were solidly built with good playing qualities. The specs are followed very closely. Accurate, even splicing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11619[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11617[/ATTACH]
                            It was custom made to my specs. Jack also agreed to my request to use my own custom badges which I had 3 made here in Melb and sent to him. One each on the cue, 4in and 10 in extensions.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                              I agree with DeanH, beautiful looking cues, the cocabola is a great choice for the butt. If you don't mind me asking, how much did this set you back, did Robin do you a discount to take the 1 piece as well?

If you don't get on with the 1 piece can I have first refusal?
                              You have to remember i ordered the cocobola cue 55 weeks ago !!! so i only paid a bargain £300 for it, prices are slightly higher now on his website, i think Robin is probably the cheapest of the top makers, and maybe that is one reason that there is now a 14 month waiting list. I didn't order direct thro Robin, so paid the proper price for the ebony one, my mate sadly had to let one of his cues go, and it is the specs i would of ordered anyway, so the only thing i saved on this one is "time" waiting, gave myself double the chance at finding the one.
                              Cues are amazing, so if you read forums Robin thankyou

Comment

• JRC - Congrats on new cues. What a pair of beauts. Hope they bring you as much joy as the TW has for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X