This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Asi View Post
    Looks like a nice piece of olivewood. enjoy it.
    hi, thanks. yes, I do enjoy it very much. it's such a huge improvement to my Riley Paul Hunter cue.

Comment

• Not my cup of tea but its different and certainly will stand out.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
        Not my cup of tea but its different and certainly will stand out.
        which one????

Comment

• Not yours Phil, the cue Trevor made above.

Comment

• this is my peradon cuewizard cue just had it refinished through peradon and they did a wonderful job as it now feels amazing to play with :snooker:
            sorry for bad photo but light in my room really sucks not as nice as many on here but it works well for me

Comment

• Cue 1 is a Kevin Muncaster cue 3/4 56.5" 18 oz 10 mm tip 30 mm butt, one of the best made and balanced cues you will find, for the price a steal;

Cue2 bought recently from a friend who had it custom made by Robin Cook, workmanship and material without fault, as good as you will get from anyone at any price.

Pic 3 is of very well known brand, custom made cue cost 600 plus pounds and lasted just 2 games, apart from the 3/4 joint the butt extension insert is also loose, buy hey, what do you expect for 600 pounds eh?:snooker:
              Last edited by JP1; 29 March 2011, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• 1 and two are nice looking cues. Did you complain about cue 3?
                sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

• What make is the 3rd one?

Comment

• Originally Posted by gettingbetter View Post
                    What make is the 3rd one?
                    likely a parris.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• is cue 3 for sale?
                      http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

• I like number 2. nice look, nice wood.

Comment

• :snooker:
                          Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                          1 and two are nice looking cues. Did you complain about cue 3?
                          Yes, and it was repaired free of charge, although postage was paid both ways, the cue has since found a new and as far as I can tell very happy owner. To those who want to know what make it is, I dont think that this is important as it would only be used to knock certain brands, can happen to anyone.

I did take the cue to a chemist to determine just what glue they had used and it was not anything like loctite ultra or araldite industrial 24 hour glue, more like a cheap two pack epoxy that expanded on application, in other words they tried to fill the gap between wood and brass, while a cheap two part epoxy might work most of the time there is always a risk of the joints coming loose especially if the climate changes from cold to tropical.

Most cue makers in the UK would be using Araldite. Loctite is definitly better, a friend of mine even posts a pack of Loctite to the cue maker he orders his cues from, cheaper then to post cues back and forth for repair.:snooker:
                          Last edited by JP1; 29 March 2011, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• **BUMP**

Please! Someone post some pics of some nice cues rather than the tat that seems to be going around lately. Kizzy, Trigger....you must have some new cues.....PLEASE!
                            sigpic <---New Website
                            Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

• Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
                              **BUMP**

Please! Someone post some pics of some nice cues rather than the tat that seems to be going around lately. Kizzy, Trigger....you must have some new cues.....PLEASE!
                              I'll post when I get my new cue. About to get a MW cue. Macassar ebony 1 pc cue. Nothing too fancy, though.
                              Last edited by 41shots; 22 July 2009, 04:22 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

• Originally Posted by 41shots View Post
                                I'll post when I'll get my new cue. About to get a MW cue. Macassar ebony 1 pc cue. Nothing too fancy, though.
                                Anything please! Does not need to be expensive to be nice. Just not tacky and badly made!
                                sigpic <---New Website
                                Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X