This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
    Could be, in the blackspin thread, page 61, post #608, Mike mentions working

on a coloured layer to tell where the blackspin ferrule ends, and the blackspin tip begins.

Maybe I'm fully blackspun !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Could well be
    Tell us how she plays when you get a chance
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Last edited by Izzyfcuk; 12 February 2013, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Nice looking cues Izzy and round butts on 2 of them .

Which one is your playing cue ?
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Very nice choices. 3 x cues be enough ?

Just wondering , who potted the yellow ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Not sure which one to keep!

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
              Whats that red thing under the tip? On with a wafer?
              no. it comes complete and is an integral part of the tip. it is not a separately fitted item.

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
              it's not

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              Could it be one of Mike's new prototype tips?
              yes. but work in progress still...

Originally Posted by Raldon View Post
              I know this red "layer" from Tweeten´s Triumph tips. They are very good to glue.
              But this one looks different.
              you're right, it is different.

i'm the only person involved in the design and making of these tips and i've never even seen a triumph tip, so i had no idea they actually had a red layer.

but it's not rocket science. it's a form of laminated tip, and there are plenty of them about, so i guess ultimately it's a similar thing.

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
              Could be, in the blackspin thread, page 61, post #608, Mike mentions working
              on a coloured layer to tell where the blackspin ferrule ends, and the blackspin tip begins.

Maybe I'm fully blackspun!!
              yes. i was forced to rethink the original all black tip cos it was very difficult to see where the ferrule ended and the tip started. perfectly good tip, looks great on brass ferrules, just not practical on the blackspin ferrule.

but also, in developing the layer idea, some benefits became apparent and i believe it will lead to a superior finished product.

so yes, you have what is potentially the final complete product. although i am still tinkering...
              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by Izzyfcuk View Post

Cracking photos mate focus could have been slightly forward on top left
                Love the tulipwood
                sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

• Lovely cues and lovely photos, I'm planning a sexy little shoot for an upcoming sale and may go for this kind of 'natural habitat' shot
                  On Cue Facebook Page
                  Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                  Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

• Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                    and i've never even seen a triumph tip, so i had no idea they actually had a red layer.

but it's not rocket science. it's a form of laminated tip, and there are plenty of them about, so i guess ultimately it's a similar thing.

This is a picture of them. Well, its not really "red" but i think it is vaguely similar.
                    The triumph tip was not my cup of tea, but this little layer was pretty cool and very good to glue.

So i would like to test your new tip! :snooker:
                    Last edited by Raldon; 13 February 2013, 08:38 PM.
                    mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

• I liked this one . . it's yummy

---------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I liked this one . . it's yummy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13078[/ATTACH]

Wow, if you have any left, please let me know!
                        mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

• my playing cue, love the golden color as it is only 2010. hope it will become more golden~

Comment

• My new dave coutts ultimate supreme cue

[]

HI ALL
                            THIS IS MY NEW DAVE COUTTS CUE - ONE SIMLE WORD --- AWESOME
                            I GOT MY STUNNING NEW BABY LAST WEEK AS A LATE 50th BIRTHDAY PRESENT -- AND WHAT A BEAUTY IT IS -WITH A FULLY LAMINTED MAPLE AND WALNUT SHAFT THAT LOOKS SIMPLY DEVINE TO LOOK DOWN
                            IT IS A TOTAL WORK OF ART BY DAVE -- EVERYTHING IT SPOT ON WITH THIS CUE --
                            IF ANYONE OUT THERE IS THINKING OF A PARRIS ULTIMATE CUE THEN THEY SHOULD LOOK AT ONE OF THESE CUES ALSO AS YOU CAN ASK FOR AS MANY OR AS FEW PERFECT SHEVRONS YOU WANT ON THE TOP AND BOTTOM OF THE CUE AND AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE PICS THE WORKMANSHIP IS SECOND TO NONE
                            MY CUE PLAYS SIMPLY AWESOME AND FEELS SO PERFECT IN MY HAND
                            SO A SPECIAL THANKS TO DAVE COUTTS FOR MAKING MY SNOOKER CUE DREAMS COME TRUE
                            I HOPE YOU LIKE THE LOOK OF THIS CUE AS MUCH AS I LIKE PLAYING WITH IT
                            ALSO YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THE PICS DO NOT DO THIS CUE JUSTICE AS THE CUE IS A STUNNING WORK OF ART IN MY HAND
                            MANY THANKS DAVE
                            PETE
                            Last edited by pete.147; 14 February 2013, 10:18 AM.

Comment

I liked this one . . it's yummy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13078[/ATTACH]

chapel hat pegs come to mind,lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by pete.147 View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]13083[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13084[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13082[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13080[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13081[/ATTACH]HI ALL
                                THIS IS MY NEW DAVE COUTTS CUE - ONE SIMLE WORD --- AWESOME
                                I GOT MY STUNNING NEW BABY LAST WEEK AS A LATE 50th BIRTHDAY PRESENT -- AND WHAT A BEAUTY IT IS -WITH A FULLY LAMINTED MAPLE AND WALNUT SHAFT THAT LOOKS SIMPLY DEVINE TO LOOK DOWN[ATTACH=CONFIG]13080[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13081[/ATTACH]
                                IT IS A TOTAL WORK OF ART BY DAVE -- EVERYTHING IT SPOT ON WITH THIS CUE --
                                IF ANYONE OUT THERE IS THINKING OF A PARRIS ULTIMATE CUE THEN THEY SHOULD LOOK AT ONE OF THESE CUES ALSO AS YOU CAN ASK FOR AS MANY OR AS FEW PERFECT SHEVRONS YOU WANT ON THE TOP AND BOTTOM OF THE CUE AND AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE PICS THE WORKMANSHIP IS SECOND TO NONE
                                MY CUE PLAYS SIMPLY AWESOME AND FEELS SO PERFECT IN MY HAND
                                SO A SPECIAL THANKS TO DAVE COUTTS FOR MAKING MY SNOOKER CUE DREAMS COME TRUE
                                I HOPE YOU LIKE THE LOOK OF THIS CUE AS MUCH AS I LIKE PLAYING WITH IT
                                ALSO YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THE PICS DO NOT DO THIS CUE JUSTICE AS THE CUE IS A STUNNING WORK OF ART IN MY HAND
                                MANY THANKS DAVE
                                PETE
                                very nice pete thought you were reducing lol

Comment

Working...
                                X