This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
    Whether you like a shaft with a bit of spring in it or one thats poker stiff , the hit is most important and it must be solid .

Solid ...That's the word I was looking for Neil. ;D

Comment

• New Jason Owen, came in the post this morning Well happy, got a real nice feel to it

2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Comment

• Looks a beauty , received my Jason Owen cue also this morning

Comment

• Originally Posted by Gary Hall View Post
          Looks a beauty , received my Jason Owen cue also this morning
          Loving the front splice on your cue, really stands out against the ebony/maple veneers

Comment

• Originally Posted by willytan View Post
            Hi all,

Just received it off Tony Glover on Friday evening after he posted it earlier on Tuesday.

Haven't have time to bring it down the baize to test yet due to my busy schedule.

Will update once i find time to play some snooker.

Some pics of the cue:

The cue looks great, I am searching for something like this, how much was it? and how long does it takes to be made?

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
              been doing a bit of dusting took ages lol
              WoW Jim, what a collection, are you a collector or running a cue sell room? I am currently looking for a 1 piece cue, could you give me some advice? I am not after some fancy designed butt, I am looking for a cue with a good quality shaft, which cue maker will you recommend? Thx

Comment

• Jason Owen does make some really beautiful cues!

Comment

• The butt wood on that Glover is excellent. Does anyone know what it is?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mr Badger View Post
                    The butt wood on that Glover is excellent. Does anyone know what it is?
                    Looks like bocote to me. But most bocote i've seen has quite a bit more grain than that

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mr Badger View Post
                      The butt wood on that Glover is excellent. Does anyone know what it is?
                      Splicing is olivewood

Comment

• yeah remember that cue being on here ages ago, definitely olivewood, think it was inspired by the Osbourne cue Ronnie used for a season which had the same design.

Comment

• I thought the secondary butt slices looked a little like Tulipwood.
                          Wood identification can be really tricky sometimes!

Comment

• Of course, it could well be Olivewood. I've not really worked with those two particular woods personally.

Comment

• Yes it's African olivewood. There are a few different types.
                              "Don't think, feel"

Comment

• this is an old cue that ive seen before, i actualy have the picture on my pc, not an expert myself but i thought it was
                                jerusalem olivewood ?

Comment

Working...
                                X