This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by DLO View Post
    WoW Jim, what a collection, are you a collector or running a cue sell room? I am currently looking for a 1 piece cue, could you give me some advice? I am not after some fancy designed butt, I am looking for a cue with a good quality shaft, which cue maker will you recommend? Thx
    hi mate its mainly a collection lol,there are a few that i would sell email me with the specs and your budget to james.evans1950@talktalk.net

Comment

• My New Mike Wooldridge VCM

Got this random piece of wood delivered to my house last week. Placed the order with Mike Wooldridge's VCM back in early February.

Specs
      Length: 58in
      Weight: 19.5oz
      Butt Diameter: 29mm
      Tip: 9.25mm
      Joint: one piece, F1 extension & blackspin ferrule
      Wood: ash shaft, ebony butt, white maple veneer, olivewood upper splice, black ebony veneer, cocobolo lower splice

The cue was made exactly according to my specifications -- not a single thing to complain about.

Pics attached here, and more available right here: http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/gu.../Wooldridge_9b

IMG_0558.jpgIMG_0559.jpgIMG_0560.jpgIMG_0577.jpg

Comment

• Very unique, i like it. Congrats!
        mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

• It might just be the light, or the grain of the wood but does the badge look off in that Wooldridge cue?
          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
            It might just be the light, or the grain of the wood but does the badge look off in that Wooldridge cue?
            and they say camera never lies...

see last pic. gives a clearer indication.
            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• It's definitely not off. It's due to the light and angle at which I took the pic.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
                Got this random piece of wood delivered to my house last week. Placed the order with Mike Wooldridge's VCM back in early February.

Specs
                Length: 58in
                Weight: 19.5oz
                Butt Diameter: 29mm
                Tip: 9.25mm
                Joint: one piece, F1 extension & blackspin ferrule
                Wood: ash shaft, ebony butt, white maple veneer, olivewood upper splice, black ebony veneer, cocobolo lower splice

The cue was made exactly according to my specifications -- not a single thing to complain about.

Pics attached here, and more available right here: http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/gu.../Wooldridge_9b

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13793[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13794[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13795[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13796[/ATTACH]
                That's beautiful.

Comment

• That's awesome!
                  Mike's work always the best!

Comment

• Any of you knowledgeable cue guys able to enlighten me as to what wood is used in the Lewis & Wilson front face splice? The pic doesn't show the colouring as well but its a very dark purple colour. My obvious first thought would be purpleheart but having never seen a cue with that splice, I've got nothing to compare with.

Comment

• yes purpleheart it darkens with age,when working it it goes brown ,stop working it it goes deep purple

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                        yes purpleheart it darkens with age,when working it it goes brown ,stop working it it goes deep purple
                        Chameleon of the wood world then huh Cheers Jim, nice to finally know for sure

Comment

• Lovely purple wood that

Comment

• Might also be aged Rosewood, Redwood, and of course Purpleheart. Used to do, and are doing a few now in 12-splice design, several cues with Redwood that look similar to this splice. Nice looking Cue

Originally Posted by CueInAction View Post
                            Any of you knowledgeable cue guys able to enlighten me as to what wood is used in the Lewis & Wilson front face splice? The pic doesn't show the colouring as well but its a very dark purple colour. My obvious first thought would be purpleheart but having never seen a cue with that splice, I've got nothing to compare with.

It's in the Shaft

Comment

• Just got my hornbeam cue back from Tony Glover. Had him look at one of the butt splices and take down the ferrule to 8.5mm. Done a very nice job

IMG_0107_zps2fd7af2c.jpgIMG_0108_zpsb9265dfe.jpgIMG_0104_zps5b47e9c1.jpg

Comment

• Originally Posted by kadobau View Post
                                Coming soon ~~~
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]13748[/ATTACH]
                                So you finally gonna have a TW, good for you!!

Comment

Working...
                                X