Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my playing cue had this from new must be about 24 years cost me 170 at the time

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Well that seems to equate to £250, i would buy them all day long at that price !!
      £487 brand new, sell on ebay around £400 i reckon
      SOLD I am now the proud owner of a John Parris Exclusive, picked it up last night I will post photos later today. No extensions but I found the extensions for my cheaply Woods cue fit and also my Yiang Yang but both extensions are the short style 27" anyone know where I can get a mini extension and normal extension or should I just order them from Parris website? Also the butt is very dull, what does everyone use to make it shine?
      " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
      " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
      http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        here is what an Exclusive should look like (i.e. the splices, etc.), from Parris website the description
        "Ash Shaft
        Ebony hand spliced butt 22” (56cm) long with joint at 16” (41cm)
        Four secondary splices in Rosewood with single Ebony face all with green veneers"

but someone who uses a computer and does not know how to attach photos to an email? dodgy?

Hi guys below is some pics of my purchase. John Parris Exclusive 3/4
        57"
        9.5 mm
        18 oz
        One question does anyone have any ideas on how to make the butt shine I find it very dull.

Comment

• Nice cue les, well done mate got a good deal there.

Comment

• Originally Posted by justf View Post
            Nice cue les, well done mate got a good deal there.
            Any idea what I can use to bring the shine back on the butt. Too dull for my liking?

Comment

• I use good old raw linseed oil and it buffs up quite nicely.
              Someone once mentioned some gun-stock stuff which is longer lasting than linseed oil, but I can't find it on ebay at the mo.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I use good old raw linseed oil and it buffs up quite nicely.
                Someone once mentioned some gun-stock stuff which is longer lasting than linseed oil, but I can't find it on ebay at the mo.
                tru-oil dean?

Comment

• Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                  tru-oil dean?
                  that's the one
                  never got round to getting some.
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I use good old raw linseed oil and it buffs up quite nicely.
                    Yes I have used the raw linseed oil too but I always found it greasy even after I polished it. I bought some Morhers Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax which in simple terms is a very high end car wax. I am talking just for the butt. I will let you know how I make out.

Comment

• I think the butt looks just fine Les, nice cue

Comment

that's the one
                        never got round to getting some.
                        I have some, but to be honest i don't like the finish it produces if you go by their instructions. Too glossy and sticky imo.

If you buff it while it is isn't quite dried it produces a satin finish which isn't bad

Comment

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                          Yes I have used the raw linseed oil too but I always found it greasy even after I polished it. I bought some Morhers Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax which in simple terms is a very high end car wax. I am talking just for the butt. I will let you know how I make out.
                          you could always buy the butt wax that JP sells

https://www.parriscues.com/products/...is_cue_polish/
                          Last edited by RogiBear; 3 April 2014, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• **Post Pictures of your cue!**

Friction Polish of any brand, a soft cloth and elbow grease. I use Rustins and it works a charm but be willing to rub as it has been designed to finish wood to a deep shine on a lathe.
                            On Cue Facebook Page
                            Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                            Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

• iv used cricket bat linseed wax before now and it was okay.. this is before i created my own oil and sealer concoction

Comment

• Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                                I have some, but to be honest i don't like the finish it produces if you go by their instructions. Too glossy and sticky imo.

If you buff it while it is isn't quite dried it produces a satin finish which isn't bad
                                I use tru oil and if you sand the butt smooth then apply the tru oil with a rag then leave to dry! Rub down lightly just to take the gloss off with 0000 wire wool, repeat another 3 times! After the final coat is dry knock the shine off with the wire wool and finally buff with a micro fibre towel and it will look as good as any cue maker could achieve.

Comment

Working...
                                X