This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snakes alive !!

Just received two Riley EJR signature Snakewood cues ( thanks Pete, Mick ).

One is Snooker spec, the other pool spec. Ideal when I arrive at the club, and haven't made
    my mind up what to play . .

Comment

• Nice!! ;-)

Comment

• Very nice.
        " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
        " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
        http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
          Snakes alive !!

Just received two Riley EJR signature Snakewood cues ( thanks Pete, Mick ).

One is Snooker spec, the other pool spec. Ideal when I arrive at the club, and haven't made
          my mind up what to play . .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16098[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16099[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16100[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16101[/ATTACH]
          They look familiar! A little prettier than when they were covered in plaster for sure.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
            iv used cricket bat linseed wax before now and it was okay.. this is before i created my own oil and sealer concoction
            How do you apply your concoction? I was thinking on taking super Fine steel wool to the but then spraying it with some high gloss urethane . Right now that looks like what his plan was but he forgot the urethane.....LOL I have tried a high end furniture wax then a very high end car wax and then last night I tried linseed oil but nothing. I like the high gloss because it gives it a nice grip where dull slides around and I tend to gip it tighter. Might solve the 29 mm butt with the proper shine.

Comment

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
              How do you apply your concoction? I was thinking on taking super Fine steel wool to the but then spraying it with some high gloss urethane . Right now that looks like what his plan was but he forgot the urethane.....LOL I have tried a high end furniture wax then a very high end car wax and then last night I tried linseed oil but nothing. I like the high gloss because it gives it a nice grip where dull slides around and I tend to gip it tighter. Might solve the 29 mm butt with the proper shine.
              You could try messaging andy travis he uses something similar to mastercue its a very thin coat of a wax like substance which as a very
              high gloss finish he might be able to help you.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                You could try messaging andy travis he uses something similar to mastercue its a very thin coat of a wax like substance which as a very
                high gloss finish he might be able to help you.
                Thanks I might do that. Right now I have taken a wet cloth and wiped it down clean of everything and now I am trying this furniture wax polishing in between coats. I will see what happens.

Comment

• I have always had this problem with cues that's why I try and go for maple cues but as they are hard to find that play well
                  I have made my own cue wax to solve this and I was quite surprised on how well it works
                  The stuff I made is from pure carnauba wax and beeswax mixed with a little raw linseed (just to help the two waxes mix) the main reason was to fill the dark ash grain to stop chin hairs being ripped out but this stuff works well as a full cue treatment (I let a little get on the tip sides which help to burnish the tip)
                  It takes a little to work it in but I wanted as much carnauba wax as possible in the blend and this means normal heat won't effect the wax it has the consistency of soap.
                  I use a piece of nubuck leather to apply and burnish the whole cue and I'm thinking of making the rest of carnauba wax into cue wax as it worked so well and I won't be making car wax with it which was the main reason for buying the carnauba years ago.
                  It's easy to make and smells amazing and no volatile substances like turps or thinners.
                  I never use wire wool as it raises the harder grains out 2500 grit sandpaper is the ideal finish paper.

Comment

• I'm not a fan of steel wool either, I use half a dozen grades of micromesh down to 1200MX. Some folk say that's overkill but each sand deepens the shine, especially that 1200MX final sand. I also use homemade polish, mine is a mix of beeswax, linseed oil, olive oil and a tiny bit of kiwi parade gloss to help highlight grain. I use a shoe polish express shine brush on maple shafts, gives a really slick, non-greasy finish.

Comment

• A couple of nice ones!

Andy Hunter cue-Made from an 80 year old piece of Scottish highland ash.
                      The most phenomenally powerful cue i've ever had,it's a real Beast!
                      Indian rosewood butt with burr top and bottom and tulip sides.

Martin Daly tyrone cue-Absolutely stunning cue.
                      Never seen better splicework on a cue,its perfection.
                      Plays superb.

Both cues are possibly for sale,havent decided yet.

Comment

• I've mopped my floor with better than them Trev
                        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by TexasTrev View Post
                          A couple of nice ones!

Andy Hunter cue-Made from an 80 year old piece of Scottish highland ash.
                          The most phenomenally powerful cue i've ever had,it's a real Beast!
                          Indian rosewood butt with burr top and bottom and tulip sides.

Martin Daly tyrone cue-Absolutely stunning cue.
                          Never seen better splicework on a cue,its perfection.
                          Plays superb.

Both cues are possibly for sale,havent decided yet.
                          if those cues are from the andy hunter that deals in old cues how come you got hold of not one but 2

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                            if those cues are from the andy hunter that deals in old cues how come you got hold of not one but 2
                            Does Andy only sell one at a time??
                            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                              Does Andy only sell one at a time??
                              Im just saying i have never seen one of his cues up for sale so i am saying someone has not got one but 2 of his cues and when a mate of mine asked him for a cue a couple of year back he said he make them just for himself

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                                Simple,He made 2 and gave me the choice of which one i wanted.I chose the one i played best with,he sold the other for £500.

Comment

Working...
                                X