This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by sanman View Post
    A few customs almost ready to go. Just to retip one. Frayed after trying it out. JRC to post pics shortly
    Here are pics

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Here are pics
      Nice !!! what kind of wood is that? (The right one). Ebony???

Comment

• Got it from a wood supplier. Only piece he had and not long enough for a full butt. called black palm

Comment

• Thanks JCR for posting the pics

Comment

• Couple of new arrivals
            1) Absolutely gorgeous Tony Glover Eureka replica, top class cue, but in maple, i keep thinking i can switch from ash but never works for long, so may be for sale soon if anyone interested SOLD
            Specs: 58 1/4", 9.5, 17.6 oz, 29.5 butt, great 18" balance point
            2) Steve Grice (ex Cue Craft) alternating wood cue, very nice too
            Specs: 58", 9.6, 17.6 oz, slim 28.5 butt, nice 18 1/4" balance point
            Last edited by jrc750; 21 April 2014, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• A knitting needle and a telegraph pole!
              The Mannock is pear shafted and plays beautifully for such a slim cue.
              The Andy Hunter cue is a real beast!specs are-58",18oz,10.9tip,32.8 butt.badge not yet fitted
              because there is plenty room for modification to this cue.Very stiff shaft aswell.
              Awaiting 2 more cues from Andy that are ready.One is based on a early 1900's design,
              It is very unusual and will raise a few eyebrows,
              the other he wants me to put on flea bay for him.

Comment

• My new maximus legend plus. Damn its fine

Comment

• Fantastic looking cue, and what chevrons- they look awesome! Hope it plays as great as it looks!

Comment

• It plays fantastic. Really Nice balance and crisp and solid hit. Couldnt be happier about it

Comment

• Here is some photos of my slimmed down collection, I'm down to 4 cues and 4 cases.

I have got a JPU case being made soon and I've got a JPU on order but that will be a couple of years away yet. Also I'm trying to place an order with Dave Coutts for 1 of his hand made numbered cues but he is not always great with his responses to emails which is very similar to most cuemakers, especially Trevor White lol.
                      Specs of all cues are the same apart from the JPU;
                      57.5, 9.5-9.6mm, 18oz, 29.5mm butt diameter
                      JPU specs: 57 1/8, 9.5mm, 18.5oz, 29.5mm butt diameter
                      Last edited by rob s; 24 April 2014, 09:30 AM.
                      77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

• Which one plays best Rob?

Comment

• Originally Posted by TexasTrev View Post
                          Which one plays best Rob?
                          Good question mate, I'd say the Trevor white suits my game the best but the Stamford series 1 is the nicest. The finish is impeccable and the shaft is amazing

Comment

• Lovely cues, great taste rob.

Comment

• I prefer the shaft on the Crispian Jones cue......lovely looking arrows .
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                                I prefer the shaft on the Crispian Jones cue......lovely looking arrows .
                                Yeh the crispian jones certified cue is beautiful but it has a slightly thicker taper/shaft than all my other cues, the Stamford cue is just how a like a shaft 4-5 arrows with the last one not too close to the ferrule. Cannot wait to get my JPU case so then I've got my Stamford series 1 in a Stamford case, Crispian Jones certified cue in the Crispian Jones case and my JPU in a JPU case. I've gotta say I'm really liking my new Trevor white cue, it doesn't have perfect arrows like my other cues but it plays amazing and the peradon halo case is nice n lightweight so it's decent for carrying my cue to away games.

Comment

Working...
                                X