Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice looking cue great hue to cue. Are all pearwood cues whippy?

Comment

• Originally Posted by justf View Post
      Very nice looking cue great hue to cue. Are all pearwood cues whippy?
      Thanks mate, from what I've read they do seem to be more wippy, but I'm no expert... This cue is quite wippy but not so much so it cant be used as a proper playing cue.

Comment

• My new mannock replica cue received from jason last week!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by darrenlowe79 View Post
          My new mannock replica cue received from jason last week!!
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]16437[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]16438[/ATTACH]
          Very nice, I have a mannock by Jason number 59 I've have from new, still the best cue i've used so far, but I do have a trevor white coming at the end of the year!

Comment

• Looks beautiful. Hope it plays as good as it looks.

Comment

• Originally Posted by darrenlowe79 View Post
              My new mannock replica cue received from jason last week!!
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]16437[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]16438[/ATTACH]
              very nice mate

Comment

• My New Andy Travis One Piece Maple Cue.....many thanks to Chris Lloyd @Vintagecues.com - highly recommended to anyone in Nwest looking for quality vintage and modern cues.

Comment

• [QUOTE=sprogbasket;783538]My New Andy Travis One Piece Maple Cue.....many thanks to Chris Lloyd @Vintagecues.com - highly recommended to anyone in Nwest looking for quality vintage and modern cues.

Beautiful cue. The only way it could look better would be if it was ash(LOL).
                  The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Wayne G;783540]
                    Originally Posted by sprogbasket View Post
                    My New Andy Travis One Piece Maple Cue.....many thanks to Chris Lloyd @Vintagecues.com - highly recommended to anyone in Nwest looking for quality vintage and modern cues.

Beautiful cue. The only way it could look better would be if it was ash(LOL).
                    Lol so true!

Comment

• Nice burr on that

Comment

• that vintage billiards website is so ironic, the bloke has set up a website for his love of old vintage cues yet IMHO he has wrecked the whole vintage part and replaced it with ' my many 100 year old cues I've collected throughout the years ive now made them look like they are brand new so they no longer look vintage' strange in my eyes but hey each to their own I suppose

Comment

• People who collect vintage cars don't usually leave them as rust buckets they lovingly restore them to their former glory - as long as it is done with respect to original values not really an issue...depends if you collect to play and enjoy as a playing cue or just retain as a historical artefact ...room for both approaches really.

What I can say is that Chris is very knowledgeable and helpful - I have bought two cues from him now and his customer service is excellent.

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                          that vintage billiards website is so ironic, the bloke has set up a website for his love of old vintage cues yet IMHO he has wrecked the whole vintage part and replaced it with ' my many 100 year old cues I've collected throughout the years ive now made them look like they are brand new so they no longer look vintage' strange in my eyes but hey each to their own I suppose

Comment

• Originally Posted by sprogbasket View Post
                            People who collect vintage cars don't usually leave them as rust buckets they lovingly restore them to their former glory - as long as it is done with respect to original values not really an issue...depends if you collect to play and enjoy as a playing cue or just retain as a historical artefact ...room for both approaches really.

What I can say is that Chris is very knowledgeable and helpful - I have bought two cues from him now and his customer service is excellent.
                            I'm sure he's very knowledgable and sure he's a decent guy, im just saying I thought the whole point of vintage cues was to keep them in vintage condition with age, which surely restoring them to new looking is taking away the whole vintage theme.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                              I'm sure he's very knowledgable and sure he's a decent guy, im just saying I thought the whole point of vintage cues was to keep them in vintage condition with age, which surely restoring them to new looking is taking away the whole vintage theme.
                              I disagree that old cues should be left as they are ( although I appreciate you're entitled to your own thoughts on the matter ).
                              I bought 2 x old EJR snakewood cues which had been found in an old house, that had stood empty for 20+years. The cues came to auction covered in dust, and the pink type skimming plaster, but were then
                              subject to a sympathetic restoration.
                              I don't know any collectors that would have them on display covered in plaster & dust, so what would you do if thay came into your ownership ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                                I disagree that old cues should be left as they are ( although I appreciate you're entitled to your own thoughts on the matter ).
                                I bought 2 x old EJR snakewood cues which had been found in an old house, that had stood empty for 20+years. The cues came to auction covered in dust, and the pink type skimming plaster, but were then
                                subject to a sympathetic restoration.
                                I don't know any collectors that would have them on display covered in plaster & dust, so what would you do if thay came into your ownership ?
                                My personal opinion is having an old cue turn up in plaster is completely different to restoring a cue that looks old through the years and completely destroying the old factor.
                                Ive checked a couple of websites including old cues and cue collectors websites and it seems these have left their cues in original condition. Don't get me wrong I'm not disrespecting vintage billiards in anyway i just don't get it to the point it seems like it's defeating the whole appeal & object

Comment

Working...
                                X