This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hickory twins

Just got my snooker spec hickory cue delivered from Tony Glover yesterday so I now have a coordinating pair :snooker:

Snooker Cue - 57.75" - 17oz - 9.15mm - 28mm butt

Pool Cue - 56" - 16.75oz - 7.5mm tip - 27mm butt

Last edited by Stupree; 6 June 2014, 02:25 PM.
    On Cue Facebook Page
    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

• Nice to have a matching pair, but am I the only one who's underwhelmed with the finish on many of Tony's cues?
      Maybe I'm just a fussy bugger, I sent my wooly away for the blackspin conversion which includes "ultra shine" treatment, a few months back, and yes it came back shiney but no more so than the finish Andy T gets from my refurbed old cues. It was also very sticky (fair enough with a 'wet' finish I suppose). Anyway, within a few sessions it looked exactly how it was before I sent it off.. no matter how much buffing I gave it. Not very ultra at all in my humble opinion.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Old cue collector --
      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Very nice Stupree. How long did you wait? I have a cue on order with Tony, he told me around 4 months and its approaching that now.

Comment

• Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
          Very nice Stupree. How long did you wait? I have a cue on order with Tony, he told me around 4 months and its approaching that now.
          Thanks mate - He said four months to me too but it has taken five months so yours should be not too far from being done. It may be worth giving him a call for a progress check, I did this two weeks ago and it seemed to give him a little nudge along.

What have you ordered?
          On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

• **Post Pictures of your cue!**

Did I sell you the pool cue stupree???

Comment

• Originally Posted by darrenlowe79 View Post
              Did I sell you the pool cue stupree???
              You certainly did Darren, its a lovely cue indeed and has been altered by Dave Coutts since. Both of these cues may be leaving me so if you know of anyone after a beautiful 8 ball cue let me know. Trades always welcome
              On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                Thanks mate - He said four months to me too but it has taken five months so yours should be not too far from being done. It may be worth giving him a call for a progress check, I did this two weeks ago and it seemed to give him a little nudge along.

What have you ordered?
                Thanks, will do.

I like the no fuss look like on your cues. I ordered a Ye Olde Ashe replica with selected shaft and asked him to do his stuff to give the shaft that 'old' look.

Comment

• Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                  Thanks, will do.

I like the no fuss look like on your cues. I ordered a Ye Olde Ashe replica with selected shaft and asked him to do his stuff to give the shaft that 'old' look.
                  They are work horses! That Ye Olde Ash will be a beautiful cue I am sure, Tony does source some fantastic ash and I believe he has a magical ageing solution that will produce a lovely aged look.
                  On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

• Very nice Stu, you can't beat a bit of plain ebony action..... and the golden colour of those shafts looks stunning!!

May I ask why you went for Hickory shafts, as in do they have a better playing qualities than ash or maple??
                    Last edited by coomsey76; 6 June 2014, 02:35 PM. Reason: Grammar.....
                    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                      Very nice Stu.....

May I ask why you went for Hickory shafts, as in do they have a better playing qualities than ash maple??
                      Cheers Jimmy

I had the pool cue for a while and have really enjoyed the feel of hickory as it is just a little denser than ash but sooo much smoother making it feel lovely on the bridge hand. So I fancied having a whirl with hickory in snooker spec.
                      On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

• IMG-20140607-00141.jpgIMG-20140607-00144.jpgIMG-20140607-00145.jpgIMG-20140607-00146.jpgIMG-20140607-00147.jpg
                        Just posted these somewhere else, thought I'd better put them in this thread as well
                        Maple shaft 8.8mm, 58.5in, 17.5oz, 30mm
                        Ebony with Jarrah burr and single ebony splice, its a beauty!

Comment

• A great looking cue. Love the colouration in the jarrah burr, looks fantastic.

Comment

• Cue.jpg

Have no problem clearing up with this, sorry, watching Britains Got Talent................
                            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by marc.lockley@ntlworld.com View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]16468[/ATTACH]

Have no problem clearing up with this, sorry, watching Britains Got Talent................
                              Lucy was my favourite. Who did you like ?

Comment

• If that was the Opera singer, yep she was best so far.

I'm only catching little bits of the show whilst typing on here, looking for a lathe on ebay and trying to convince the dog my hairy legs are not a female labrador he used to fancy!
                                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X