Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely Shaft on that Cue Jason hope you can play well with it.

Gaz.

Comment

• Can I ask who is darth spud? just curious.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Where you looking for that, can't find it
        http://www.northwalescases.co.uk/nor...-cue-case.html

if you double click on the photograph, it goes into a slideshow.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
          Looks wise I have to agree with him. If this was a custom made cue I'd be quite disappointed if this turned up with the cost of them.

I know the playing quality should be the main priority, but if this was a JPU we'd have about 5 pages of criticism by now!
          shaft aesthetics aside everything else on any woolridge cue is spot on. Same cant be said for any JP cue, even Ultimates.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sanman View Post
            shaft aesthetics aside everything else on any woolridge cue is spot on. Same cant be said for any JP cue, even Ultimates.
            But everyone says that a JPU is all about the quality of the shaft and that was the point I was alluding to. MW's custom made cues are supposed to be selective premium top straight grain and that is from his own spiel on his website, thats why there have been a couple of a negative comments. If you pay over £700 for a cue the least you'd expect is the grain on the shaft to be straight and even, most of those points are what I'd expect on a £70 cue from china, no BS.

You just can't sweep aside the look of the shaft when its the most important part of the cue! Its a bit like buying a pair of expensive shoes that have been made using poor quality leather, but the design and style make you overlook the poor quality of the main part of the shoe. As I said and I'll stand by it, there would be a hell of a lot more criticism if this was a JPU and just shows the bias towards certain cue makers on here. You couldn't even stop yourself from having a little dig at JP yourself in your defence of this MW so that proves my point!!!

Comment

• **Post Pictures of your cue!**

Agree cueman that's a good point. And I don't even care what the shafts look like long as they play nice!

Comment

• Comment

• Very nice jrc, love that glover cue what wood is that on butt?

Comment

• Originally Posted by justf View Post
                    Very nice jrc, love that glover cue what wood is that on butt?
                    Coramandel wood

Comment

Very nice jrc, love that glover cue what wood is that on butt?
                      Ohh did you mean the main splices ?? think they are a type of macassar ebony not too sure really
                      Last edited by jrc750; 16 August 2014, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• On face with badge I meant. Even better close up, simply stunning whats she like to play with??? Looks classy as hell.

Comment

On face with badge I meant. Even better close up, simply stunning whats she like to play with??? Looks classy as hell.
                          I think it was cut a different way to normal or something, does make for interesting patterns. Cue plays very nice indeed, but Wooly plain ebony is one i use 97% of the time

Comment

• what spec is the TW?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                              what spec is the TW?
                              It's 57 3/4" (incl. tip), 9.7 ferrule, 18.4 oz, 29.5 butt, 17 1/2" balance point
                              Really it's a touch short for me and i paid a bit of a premium to get it, as we all know about the long waiting lists. I am hopefully getting mine soon, so may possibly sell this later

Comment

• Your not selling that tw are you jrc.

Comment

Working...
                                X