This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    That is a cracker GG, What a good looking cue and finish on it, I can see why Tons cues are getting a good rep.
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    striking colours there
    hope it plays well for you
    I really hope so. My game has suffered over the past year from messing about with cues. I didn't specify perfect arrows, just for the shaft to have some life. The Glover I waited over 6 months for was picture perfect but was like playing with (for me) a lead pipe!

Comment

• iv done all the made to measure cue stuff and it never worked out.. to get the cue im playing with now is just tucked into a box of club cues

Comment

• Was your cue straight from the rack J6, or did you pick it and turn it into the cue you wanted, as I know you can alter them. Would be a good thing to have in your locker, to be able to pick up a cue and say to yourself, if I change the taper a wee bit, it would be perfect for me(or any type of adjustment).
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Not the best at taking cue pics but here's my new pool cue. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Comment

• Lovely looking cue, better pic of shaft badge side up would be nice! What are specs? What was the waiting time? What does she play like?

Comment

• Sorry first post was misleading wasn't bought new direct from Stamford. I just meant it was a new cue to me. The cues specs are 58 inches 9.3mm tip 18 ounces 28.5mm butt. Only played 6 frames with the cue so still new to me was impressed but just changed the tip and will play again tomorrow.

Comment

• I just wanted to thank Stu green !!! .We Received it,,this morning. Is a Maximus ultimate made to order,, Plain ebony / Finish in Oil // 58"/9.5mm/ 19.4 OZ/ 30.1 mm butt/ 20"butt Leng.. / .... I just got the chance to try a few shots. Nice hit and solid/ stiff shaft. I don't know what kind of wood these guys useing out there !! but the power and the CB ball reaction what you get, is just incredible.
                Anyway, many thanks for your kindness, Stu. We are grateful to you. Great guy to deal with !!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• cracking Cue there mate. Those Maximus Ultimates look the biz

Comment

• Pure class there Ramon, nice one. I don't know what difference it makes to a cue but that is some very straight side grain.
                    Last edited by itsnoteasy; 21 October 2014, 09:50 AM.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Great looking cue is that maccasar ebony guernseygooner?
                      Last edited by irfeen75; 21 October 2014, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sanman View Post
                        cracking Cue there mate. Those Maximus Ultimates look the biz
                        Thanks, is my older brother's cue !!!! I have already offered him more money to buy it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by irfeen75 View Post
                          Great looking cue is that maccasar ebony guernseygooner?
                          It is mate. I thought it would be predominately black with a few streaks. It is more of a striped ebony which I assume is the same judging by the huge variations you see when Googling 'Macassar'

Should be here today :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            Pure class there Ramon, nice one. I don't know what difference it makes to a cue but that is some very straight side grain.
                            thanks ,... Yeah,,, perfect grain !!! A responsif / living shaft !!! first time I see them with oil finish !!! craftsmanshap and finish is amazing as Well !!!! Nice job !!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                              thanks ,... Yeah,,, perfect grain !!! A responsif / living shaft !!! first time I see them with oil finish !!! craftsmanshap and finish is amazing as Well !!!! Nice job !!!!
                              Ramon if you don't mind what was the cost all in all,TBF never seen a bad review for these.

Comment

• Ramon i have had many of these Maximus Cues and they are great very responsive like you said and most of it is down to the way they are weighted aswell as the shafts which are fantastic.

The biggest problem with Maximus when they first came out was the finish on them which was Terrible Laquer like finish, but now Stu and Max at Greenbaize are Re-Finishing all the Maximus Cues they get in which has made a Massive difference to the cues, as i have said previously i have been dealing with Master Cue for many years and thought they were the Best Value for Money Cues on the Market but i gotta say when Maximus start putting Oil Finish on all there Cues from New these will be Better in my Opinion as long as they dont do what master cue has done and gone too Big to Quick and Mass Produce them as thats when the Quality goes down alittle in my opinion.

Gaz.

Comment

Working...
                                X