This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin Cook

Thanks for the nice comments about my cue, it is rather purty isn't it! To answer the questions: it's not my table unfortunatley, one day I would love to have a place big enough to own one.
    The cue is Ash/ Ebony with Olivewood splicings, weighs 18.5 ounces, stands fairly short at 56.5 inches. The olivewood really glows, I have had the cue about 6 months and just gave it a very small linseed oil treatment, looks like it has brought out the tone of the wood.
    I have owned machine made cues including a Riley, Barracuda. My last cue was a Hand spliced cuecraft cue which was ok but warped over a period of 5 years use. I have played with a few John Parris cues but they don't feel as good as my current cue (I'm biased though).

Marklewis81 : what is the spec of yours? I hope it's a goodun when it arrives!

Thanks, Jon
    Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element

Comment

• Nice cue you have there

Originally Posted by jonplayer View Post
      Thanks for the nice comments about my cue, it is rather purty isn't it! To answer the questions: it's not my table unfortunatley, one day I would love to have a place big enough to own one.
      The cue is Ash/ Ebony with Olivewood splicings, weighs 18.5 ounces, stands fairly short at 56.5 inches. The olivewood really glows, I have had the cue about 6 months and just gave it a very small linseed oil treatment, looks like it has brought out the tone of the wood.
      I have owned machine made cues including a Riley, Barracuda. My last cue was a Hand spliced cuecraft cue which was ok but warped over a period of 5 years use. I have played with a few John Parris cues but they don't feel as good as my current cue (I'm biased though).

Thanks, Jon
      Olivewood splice is one of my favourite...how much you pay for this cue?
      My cueing sucks

Comment

• Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
        B) actually. I measured the cues with my mobile phone built in mass spectrometer, ultrasound device and laser goniometer.

what it does is takes a perfect 3D model of the cues, measuring the density and geometry of each specific wood splice.

then it is very easy to calculate mass, length, balance point and so on...
        That's an app and a half! Sorry this is slightly OT I'll post a load of pics to make up for it....

Comment

• robin cook

Originally Posted by brendan147 View Post
          Olivewood splice is one of my favourite...how much you pay for this cue?
          It was around £320 I think
          Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonplayer View Post
            mines going to be a 3/4 cocobolo butt with 4 secondary coco splices with thick maple veneers its going to be similar to this cue i seen on ebay made by robin only mine will have the maple veneers
            Attached Files

Comment

• Something.....well.....a little different...

Just finished this cue for a chap who plays for our county. Not my cup of tea, but different. Badge setting and final finish has not been done yet, but had to get some pics done before light fails.

Ash with single ebony splice, thick maple veneer and purpleheart front splice. Butt finished with ebony, maple and purpleheart. 8mm tip, 57.5" length. Extra long flat added at his request.

sigpic <---New Website
              Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

• Looks different ! - but does only having splices on one side of the butt make the balance feel a lot different to a 'normal' spliced cue ?? - and is the weight of this cue quite light then ??

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
                  My cue will be put on show tomorrow..
                  Still waiting Spike
                  Oh and by the way not sure how to post pics, so thats my recently bought 15 year old John Parris classic in my avatar (photo courtesy of seller, hope thats ok)
                  Last edited by jrc750; 7 November 2009, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• My cue.

[ATTACH]3420[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3421[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3422[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3423[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3424[/ATTACH]

This is my 75 year old Joe Davis cue that i am currently using .
                    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

• Very Very Nice

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Looks different ! - but does only having splices on one side of the butt make the balance feel a lot different to a 'normal' spliced cue ?? - and is the weight of this cue quite light then ??
                        Yes it would of. I thought about this before i made it as the ebony is a large piece at 21". Hence rather than simply drilling the weight centered, the weight is set lower and slightly further forwards to counter the larger area of Ebony at the back. The guy always plays with the flat up so the cue should play as normal.....in theory
                        sigpic <---New Website

Comment

• Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
                          [ATTACH]3420[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3421[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3422[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3423[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3424[/ATTACH]

This is my 75 year old Joe Davis cue that i am currently using .
                          My mate has one of these, it's a cracking cue.
                          #jeSuisByrom

Comment

• Yeh fred its a superb collectors cue or even a great playing cue.
                            Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

• my new woolys 1 pc cue

just got my Mike Wooldridge 1pc cue !!! this one just rocks for me:snooker:!!! its "feel" AMAZING!!! will definitely never go back to joined cues ever.
                              Attached Files
                              "Life Its the best teacher. And when something fcuk's up there is no undo button" ... D.S!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by vladimir007 View Post
                                just got my Mike Wooldridge 1pc cue !!! this one just rocks for me:snooker:!!! its "feel" AMAZING!!! will definitely never go back to joined cues ever.
                                Pretty cue that. 1pc all the way
                                sigpic <---New Website

Comment

Working...
                                X