This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    I'm no expert on cues in the slightest, but I am yet to see a Trevor White cue that isn't made to the highest standards, with most other makers I have seen the odd cue and thought ,hmm not their best work, but every TW looks picture perfect, don't know how they play but they certainly look the part.
    Mine plays great...lovely piece of work from Trevor

Comment

• For me just based on the quality of work, he's number one.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

For me just based on the quality of work, he's number one.
        Agree...the work is outstanding

Comment

• Originally Posted by karlos fandango View Post
          Agree...the work is outstanding
          Aye. x2 .

Comment

For me just based on the quality of work, he's number one.
            I disagree, there is not a number 1.you can't disassociate trevor whites work with the work of wooldridge who's quality of work is excellent and so is many of the Thai cues out there where the quality is also exceptional. there's not one great craftsman out there theres quite a few.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
              I disagree, there is not a number 1.you can't disassociate trevor whites work with the work of wooldridge who's quality of work is excellent and so is many of the Thai cues out there where the quality is also exceptional. there's not one great craftsman out there theres quite a few.
              +1

Trevor is one of the top cuemakers.

Comment

• Ive never seen a poor T W cue , yet again no have i seen a poor M W , Robin Cook , Dave Coutts , Glover or Stamford , all great cue makers , but have had quite a few dozen Trevs .

Comment

• does anyone know trevors current waiting time for a cue? i ordered 2 over a year ago, i did email him a month ago but got no reply!!

Comment

• This is my phoenix "master cue 2" I received a couple of months ago. Ordered it custom from Mick at world cue sports (formerly sharp snooker). It took about 8 weeks to arrive after initially placing the order.

58" long
                    18.25 ounces
                    9.5mm tip
                    30mm butt diameter

I cant remember what tip is on it (its one of the ones I received after winning the 2014 WC lucky dip competition... thanks mark lol)

Beautifully finished cue and a joy to play with, including a mini butt and telescopic extension it was $430AUD (226 pounds at todays exchange rate)

Comment

• 226£ looks a bargain for that phoenix cue. nice one mate

Comment

• Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                        Ive never seen a poor T W cue , yet again no have i seen a poor M W , Robin Cook , Dave Coutts , Glover or Stamford , all great cue makers , but have had quite a few dozen Trevs .
                        how can you measure poor though???

Comment

• Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                          how can you measure poor though???
                          Poor cues have out of line splices,rough finish,poor fitting joints..easily measured

Comment

• Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                            226£ looks a bargain for that phoenix cue. nice one mate
                            yeah the "master" range are their cheapest cues with only one front splice and either one or two veneers. works for me though, i prefer the simpler designs.

Comment

• Originally Posted by nicklowry12 View Post
                              yeah the "master" range are their cheapest cues with only one front splice and either one or two veneers. works for me though, i prefer the simpler designs.
                              Why didn't you order it from craftsman cues as they are around £180 their website

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                                Why didn't you order it from craftsman cues as they are around £180 their website
                                I guess I wasn't really aware of craftsmen when I ordered it. It looks like they only sell cues they have in stock, the site I ordered it through allowed you to put in your desired specifications and then they placed the order with phoenix. Also I would have preferred to support an Australian store :P

Comment

Working...
                                X