This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    MY my how you all jumped the gun and said it was fake do your research first next time.
    So the actual person who makes these cues have bought it amongst himself to update his Facebook page by stating that a Lincoln badge is fake on his cues, now can you see where or why people really wouldn't of researched this!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
      MY my how you all jumped the gun and said it was fake do your research first next time.
      I was simply going off the post that said Dave Coutts: Fake cue, do not buy if badge says Lincoln" so forgive me if I thought it might be a fake given it was Dave Coutts himself that posted this.

Given all the fakes about, it was reasonable to question the cue given these words from the man himself.
      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• There is a lot of work that goes into the platinum cue , no different to the majority of UK cue makers in how they are produced .

Comment

• Apologies too on my part for being overly anxious in clarifying its authenticity. Resulted in all the hoola. Will await for Dave to reply my Facebook message privately. Let's continue enjoying all the pictures of new cues.

Thanks to all whom assisted in researching. Appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by aarontww View Post
            Apologies too on my part for being overly anxious in clarifying its authenticity. Resulted in all the hoola. Will await for Dave to reply my Facebook message privately. Let's continue enjoying all the pictures of new cues.

Thanks to all whom assisted in researching. Appreciate it.
            Sorry if I freaked you out. I did send a message with the pic of your cue to the man himself to ask if it was a fake. When he replied I updated my post ASAP.

At least you now know for sure

Update:

David Coutts: I'm sorry for any confusion I've caused with this post , I will put pics of real badges on new post in a moment but please be where it's only a matter of time before they copy them right so if you want a genuine Dave Coutts cue then they are only available from authorised dealers or from me , if you are buying second hand please email clear pics of cue and I will let you know if it's real or fake .
            Last edited by mythman69; 30 January 2015, 12:46 PM.
            My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Face book page now updated with all genuine badges in current use , hope this clears things up , but it's only a matter of time before they are copied right then may have to think of something different to keep the fakes at bay . If I new how to post pics I would do it on here too .

Comment

• Originally Posted by louise sheldon View Post
                Face book page now updated with all genuine badges in current use , hope this clears things up , but it's only a matter of time before they are copied right then may have to think of something different to keep the fakes at bay .

Yeah, I don't envy that side of your business. . Must keep you on your toes. .

On the +ve side, One of the computers in my work doesn't need updated anti virus protection now.

Been told that nobody writes viruses for machines with 486 DX2 66mhz processor, running windows 3.1, any more.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                  Question- the pic showing the butt end shows the small square of the ash shaft. Does this mean it was not drilled to add weight? Was weight not added or was it added under the splicing?
                  Not sure how it works. I know the balance point is at 18.5", and the splice fingers are 17" long. If that is indicitive of anything. .

Comment

• Got my cue back today after the ultrashine treatment

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                      Got my cue back today after the ultrashine treatment

sum straight grain on that shaft !! looks great !! wonder how does he plays with B spin !! nice job ,,,

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                        sum straight grain on that shaft !! looks great !! wonder how does he plays with B spin !! nice job ,,,
                        Hits the ball really well, its pretty much a replica of Jimmy Whites old hunt cue, really slim butt around 26-27mm or so.

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                          Hits the ball really well, its pretty much a replica of Jimmy Whites old hunt cue, really slim butt around 26-27mm or so.
                          classic design!! my kind of taste !!!! 'm not familiar with TW's work, but this one must be a selected ash !! great cue,,, happy potting !!

Comment

• Very nice

Comment

• My new Dave Coutts Supreme cue. Craftsman ship is second to none. 2 year wait was well worth it.
                              supreme shaft jet black ebony butt , Birdseye maple lower splicing with ebony facing splice and padauk and ebony veneers , joint is titanium radial joint with phenolic insert .

Comment

• My new Dave Coutts Supreme cue. Craftsman ship is second to none. 2 year wait was well worth it.
                                supreme shaft jet black ebony butt , Birdseye maple lower splicing with ebony facing splice and padauk and ebony veneers , joint is titanium radial joint with phenolic insert .

Comment

Working...
                                X