This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
    Was that the Lindrum - MConachy Nonpareil cue by any chance? Aternating ebony and Cocobola I believe?
    I think that IS what i was thinking of RG - thanks, found a pic of a replica of it on the cueguru site, top left pic on the lower block of cues.(edit - and also bottom right) I really like it

http://thecueguru.weebly.com/replica-cues.html
    Last edited by jrc750; 30 January 2010, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• OMG...It is not the first design?!?!
      So sad now...Here is the photos he finish the badge,waiting to finishing.
      I already tell u guys,this cue is my birthday cue,so it will have my birthday and date on the cue.Haha...so Happy to revevice my gift after my birthday.
      ><"....Crying...

"要有非凡既生活就要有非凡既付出"
      it means
      "If u want to have a extraordinary life,u must have a extraordinary devote"

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        I think that IS what i was thinking of RG - thanks, found a pic of a replica of it on the cueguru site, top left pic on the lower block of cues.(edit - and also bottom right) I really like it

http://thecueguru.weebly.com/replica-cues.html
        I'm a font of useless knowledge

Originally Posted by brother4 View Post
        OMG...It is not the first design?!?!
        So sad now...Here is the photos he finish the badge,waiting to finishing.
        I already tell u guys,this cue is my birthday cue,so it will have my birthday and date on the cue.Haha...so Happy to revevice my gift after my birthday.
        ><"....Crying...

Is there any significance to the number 23 in the badge with your birthday on it? Nice design anyway
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

• RG, I think that number is probably his age.
          I did not know it was bro 4's bd gift, it is about 2 months late I am sure it is worth the wait though.
          I have never seen such a fancy cue from Robin Cook before.
          Last edited by poolqjunkie; 31 January 2010, 04:03 AM.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
            RG, I think that number is probably his age.
            I did not know it was bro 4's bd gift, it is about 2 months late I am sure it is worth the wait though.
            I have never seen such a fancy cue from Robin Cook before.
            Didn't think about age, I didn't notice the cue had 2009 on it instead of date of birth.

It's probably a little stereotypical of me, as I'm sure Robin must do some fancy cues that I have not seen, but I generally associate Robin with simpler designs using woods like Tulipwood, or cocobolo, or that becote main butt for instance. It's probably just certain things sticking in my head more than others, but I would associate Robin moire with the cocobolo cue posted a page or two back, or I've seen some beautiful cues with 4 splices of Tulipwood over ebony butt from Robin.

Comment

• Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
              Didn't think about age, I didn't notice the cue had 2009 on it instead of date of birth.

It's probably a little stereotypical of me, as I'm sure Robin must do some fancy cues that I have not seen, but I generally associate Robin with simpler designs using woods like Tulipwood, or cocobolo, or that becote main butt for instance. It's probably just certain things sticking in my head more than others, but I would associate Robin moire with the cocobolo cue posted a page or two back, or I've seen some beautiful cues with 4 splices of Tulipwood over ebony butt from Robin.
              Actually I can totally relate to that "sterotype." In my mind, Robin Cooks always have some brown exotic wood butts, for whatever reason.
              I think that date on the badge is his birthday, and "23" is his age.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• [QUOTE=RGCirencester;462079]Well the cue new was 160 with the tulipwood mini butt. But now it has a signed case, and some awesome extensions... And with Paul closing up shop I suppose its a collectors item... So its got to be worth, hmm, a million pounds?

160 is accepted by logic. A million pound is insane LOL
                My cueing sucks

Comment

• [QUOTE=brendan147;462526]
                  Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                  Well the cue new was 160 with the tulipwood mini butt. But now it has a signed case, and some awesome extensions... And with Paul closing up shop I suppose its a collectors item... So its got to be worth, hmm, a million pounds?

160 is accepted by logic. A million pound is insane LOL
                  May be you can meet him half way just to be fair?
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• very enjoyable thread. We can see many kind and design of cue. I hope more people will keep posting there new cue here.

Comment

• RGC:
                      23 is my Birthday.Why no one trust me I ONLY 23YRS OLD!!! I born in 1986,and 2009 i was 23.
                      My concept is...I made a cue each years,and the cue must be the best shaft and the best handcraft from the best cuemaker I think & I love in that year.
                      As this is a gift for myself,for working hard at the pass years!

Maybe some ppl will think it is a stupid concept,but I just wanna made myself happy~Hahahahahaha~~~~It is funny to made a collection~
                      23,24,25,26....hope to have 100.

Airin:
                      Robin told me,he only made cue in 1~4splice.No Fancy Cue!!!
                      So it really very special for him.and special for Robin Cues 10th anniversary.
                      Last edited by brother4; 31 January 2010, 11:20 AM.
                      "要有非凡既生活就要有非凡既付出"
                      it means
                      "If u want to have a extraordinary life,u must have a extraordinary devote"

Comment

• my omin union

Went down to OMIN 2 months ago and chose this cue from a selection.

Plays well and definitely better than my previous DUNNS cue.
                        Come to think of it, I wasted my time playing with DUNNS cue with no improvement at all.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Looks a nice cue. How much of an improvement do you think you had switching to it Surely you can't put this all down to the cue?

Comment

• I use a very plain cue, ebony/ash, with 6 chevrons on the front of the shaft.
                            Nothing too fancy.
                            Last edited by poolqjunkie; 29 April 2010, 07:01 PM.
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• That shaft looks really nice. Could do with some Tulipwood splices though

Comment

• New Cues

2 new cues from Omin. I call them 'The Dark Side' and 'Twilight', but Omin calls them 'Hyena'. Enjoy
                                Last edited by unclevit; 9 February 2010, 11:38 PM.
                                It's in the Shaft

Comment

Working...
                                X