X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Never mind all that Markz, where's the pictures of the cues you made
    I gave up after 3, they were getting better but limited space and tools. Decided it was an expensive hobby to be making firewood lol. Still got a turned shaft, ebony cut for splices and few exotics but I'm not good enough. Fair play to the guys on here giving it a good go.

Don't laugh, it's not easy lol

Last edited by markz; 20 June 2016, 05:06 PM. Reason: Add pic

Comment

• Looks nice to me!
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
        Looks nice to me!
        Cheers Shockerz, plenty blood, sweat and tears lol

Comment

• What's wrong with that?, I think you have been very hard on yourself, better than anything I could do, at least it has a thick and a pointy end lol.
          Did you give it a spin on a table Markz?
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
            Cheers Shockerz, plenty blood, sweat and tears lol
            You do realise that the aim is to make a great playing cue, first and foremost right ?

The perfect alignment of stuff, should be secondary surely when starting out ??

Comment

• I agree with you lads but you not seen the pile with all the mistakes, I wasn't looking for perfection but just to get it something like takes more skill than I had. I was forever messing up shafts by being heavy handed with the plane, I'd get over confident just like my snooker then it would kick me in the balls lol.

I did have a knock with one and made a 40, it was really satisfying knowing I'd made it and managed to pot a few balls. Was only a few already turned reject shafts from Jason Owen and Trevor White. Got couple left and ebony cut so you never know I might give it another go if I'm feeling adventurous lol.

Comment

• Good effort that lad, it cant be easy and must be frustrating too when starting out.
                Bet you could do it if the patience holds out.

Like you said fair play to those who have done it. J6 springs to mind, everyone is happy with the few cues he has sold.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                  Good effort that lad, it cant be easy and must be frustrating too when starting out.
                  Bet you could do it if the patience holds out.

Like you said fair play to those who have done it. J6 springs to mind, everyone is happy with the few cues he has sold.
                  I agree with you about J6, been producing some lovely cues. I wouldn't mind one of his myself.

Comment

• See when you are just learning, why don't you just resplice the same cue over and over with cheap wood ,just to practice, save you ending up with a pile of mistakes.

Comment

See when you are just learning, why don't you just resplice the same cue over and over with cheap wood ,just to practice, save you ending up with a pile of mistakes.
                      I'll be honest mate, I didn't throw myself in to it like the others. Was just a project to see if I could do it. I pick up odd hobbies, my last one was lock picking lol
                      Last edited by markz; 20 June 2016, 10:52 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

See when you are just learning, why don't you just resplice the same cue over and over with cheap wood ,just to practice, save you ending up with a pile of mistakes.
                        I still think that would only teach how to get a cue that looks good.

I'd rather have a rubbish looking cue that played well, than vice versa. . Only my opinion though. each to their own and all that. . .

Comment

• With my budget being very limited I went down the old Chinese route and was pleasantly surprised with what I got to be honest

Just stuck an elk on an its gr8

Comment

• Nice one Tommy, hope it plays well for you.
                            No reason that it shouldnt if it is made to a reasonable level.

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                              I still think that would only teach how to get a cue that looks good.

I'd rather have a rubbish looking cue that played well, than vice versa. . Only my opinion though. each to their own and all that. . .
                              Nope fair point Bong, I agree with you.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Tommykiid;894676]With my budget being very limited I went down the old Chinese route and was pleasantly surprised with what I got to be honest

The pictures look dim and couldn't see the badge.
                                You got it from China?

Comment

Working...
                                X