This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Wright Cues View Post
    I can assure you we haven't. I've only ever spoken to mike once about 5 years ago when I altered a cue of his. Because the my joint have engraving around it doesn't mean it's the same.
    Regard Reg
    They might not be identical but there very similar in design

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
      Cheers for posting Dean , no idea how to reduce images from an Ipad !

Unfortunately the lighting is affecting the images , so not doing the cue justice .

Right , about the cue & Reg .

Finish is very smooth , nice balance to the cue and a flex in the shaft . So not a stiff cue .

This is one of the first ' Signature ' Cues in Reg's new range , and he had a slight delay in getting the joints . So my 6 week manufacturing period turned into 7/8 weeks .

But for a UK handmade cue to be turned around in that time is fantastic . I believe that he is very busy at the moment as well .

I like the way that the joint is individually numbered , and you also get a certificate .........so does go a long way to hinder the fake cue makers out there .

Throughout the process i was emailed , telephoned with updates and twice sent photos of the actual cue in various stages . Proper customer service .

On speaking to Reg , you can tell how passionate he is about cue making . He has been developing the joint for many years .

I just hope the cue plays as well as it feels and looks .

Hopefully Reg will come on here to explain more about his new range , new joint etc........ but this guy , in my opinion , is going places !

And finally , i think his prices are very reasonable when comparing to the established elite . [ Shocked to see the cheapest Ultimate at £1k now ]
      I can only reiterate this post. Reg has been awesome with me throughout.
      Always a pleasure

Comment

• Thanks micheal. I try to be as honest with all my customers after all Cues arnt cheap these days as materials are extortionate in price. But as we all know Cues are an art of work
        Regards Reg
        "Wright Cues"
        Cues made to your specification, giving you the confidence in your cue
        http://www.wrightcues.co.uk
        reg@wrightcues.co.uk

Comment

Cheers for posting Dean , no idea how to reduce images from an Ipad !

Unfortunately the lighting is affecting the images , so not doing the cue justice .

Right , about the cue & Reg .

Finish is very smooth , nice balance to the cue and a flex in the shaft . So not a stiff cue .

This is one of the first ' Signature ' Cues in Reg's new range , and he had a slight delay in getting the joints . So my 6 week manufacturing period turned into 7/8 weeks .

But for a UK handmade cue to be turned around in that time is fantastic . I believe that he is very busy at the moment as well .

I like the way that the joint is individually numbered , and you also get a certificate .........so does go a long way to hinder the fake cue makers out there .

Throughout the process i was emailed , telephoned with updates and twice sent photos of the actual cue in various stages . Proper customer service .

On speaking to Reg , you can tell how passionate he is about cue making . He has been developing the joint for many years .

I just hope the cue plays as well as it feels and looks .

Hopefully Reg will come on here to explain more about his new range , new joint etc........ but this guy , in my opinion , is going places !

And finally , i think his prices are very reasonable when comparing to the established elite . [ Shocked to see the cheapest Ultimate at £1k now ]
          Hi neil
          Not sure if this picture is any better but it's my first attempt at posting a pic. Lol
          Hope it works
          "Wright Cues"
          reg@wrightcues.co.uk

Comment

• That's a lot better than the pics i took Reg !

Going to get it's first outing on Wednesday .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

That's a lot better than the pics i took Reg !

Going to get it's first outing on Wednesday .
              Excellent. Please do let me know how you get on

Regards Reg

"Wright Cues"
              reg@wrightcues.co.uk

Comment

Thanks micheal. I try to be as honest with all my customers after all Cues arnt cheap these days as materials are extortionate in price. But as we all know Cues are an art of work
                Regards Reg
                hi reg, interesting twist of words there, havent hear that before. for you what would be the art of work of making a cue?

Comment

• The art of work is in doing as little as possible for as much as possible. See politicians and estate agents. I reckon cue makers probably have it the other way around. Two quid an hour until their fingers bleed. Labour of love or love of labour?

Comment

• Lol I can you I've been so busy my fingers have been bleeding lol. Unfortunately this trade is a labour of love.
                    I don't think I'll ever be a millionaire that's for sure.
                    But I love it so I'll keep plodding on.
                    "Wright Cues"
                    reg@wrightcues.co.uk

Comment

• Forgot to say that i received the Certificate on Saturday Reg .

Thanks very much

Comment

Forgot to say that i received the Certificate on Saturday Reg .

Thanks very much
                        Your welcome Neil
                        "Wright Cues"
                        reg@wrightcues.co.uk

Comment

• Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                          The art of work is in doing as little as possible for as much as possible. See politicians and estate agents. I reckon cue makers probably have it the other way around. Two quid an hour until their fingers bleed. Labour of love or love of labour?
                          As we was saying about fingers bleeding. This is what is know as a cue makers finger lol. As you can see there's a previous scar. Lol
                          "Wright Cues"
                          reg@wrightcues.co.uk

Comment

• Is that how John Parris made the glue on his cues then

Occupational hazard for all your cue makers !

Comment

Is that how John Parris made the glue on his cues then

Occupational hazard for all your cue makers !
                              Ha. No comment lol
                              "Wright Cues"
                              reg@wrightcues.co.uk

Comment

Hi neil
                                Not sure if this picture is any better but it's my first attempt at posting a pic. Lol
                                Hope it works
                                Looks very nice I don't normally like black badges but this looks great how long do you make your splices on a plain ebony cue.

Comment

Working...
                                X