This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
    Also seen some talk that if you cue straight with a heavier cue it's more likely to stay straight throughout the shot as opposed to lighter cues where it doesn't take much to knock them off. Not really sure how much truth there is to that, though i suppose if you take mass into consideration it's going to take more to shift a 20 oz cue offline than a 16oz for example.
    Yes, I think that a heavier cue will help cueing flaws.

Comment

• Comment

• This is from Wity right? How does it play?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mathias121 View Post
          Interesting looking butt for sure.

Comment

• Yeah from wity, pearwood with buckeye burl for the butt. Need to put a firmer tip on it but plays decent.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mathias12 View Post
              Yeah from wity, pearwood with buckeye burl for the butt. Need to put a firmer tip on it but plays decent.

How much do his cues sell for? Seen some pics knocking around but thought it was a collection he had that wasn't for sale.

Comment

• £250-£400 I believe. That being £350. Lovely cue for the money.

Comment

• His cues are top notch. and he is a fair guy to deal with.

Originally Posted by mathias12 View Post
                  £250-£400 I believe. That being £350. Lovely cue for the money.

Comment

• Not sure how i duplicated, sorry manually deleted it.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by John Flaf; 2 May 2019, 12:13 PM. Reason: duplicated
                    Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• My new cue courtesy of Mr ADR. First time I used it I found the lacquer just a bit tacky so I've taken it back to natural using 120 to remove lacquer then 600, then 1500 and finished off with 0000 wire wool.

I had planned to oil it but think i will leave it as is I like the look and feel of it, it just glides in my cue arm now no problem unfurling my fingers either.

Last edited by John Flaf; 2 May 2019, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
                        My new cue courtesy of Mr ADR. First time I used it I found the lacquer just a bit tacky so I've taken it back to natural using 120 to remove lacquer then 600, then 1500 and finished off with 0000 wire wool.

I had planned to oil it but think i will leave it as is I like the look and feel of it, it just glides in my cue arm now no problem unfurling my fingers either.
                        is white spirit any good to remove the lacquer ?

Comment

• I tried white spirit, varnish remover and acetone Kayen, none of them touched the lacquer, so had to resort to elbow grease, I took it gently, very gently as I didn't want to screw up.

Comment

My new cue courtesy of Mr ADR. First time I used it I found the lacquer just a bit tacky so I've taken it back to natural using 120 to remove lacquer then 600, then 1500 and finished off with 0000 wire wool.

I'd suggest you do oil it. it's possible with the right oil to maintain the smooth glide

Comment

Oil it for sure, as it helps stop thing's like it bending as the wood is sealed.
                              Just a coat or to with linseed would be fine.
                              For that one you've always wanted...
                              https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

• Well bugger, my red baron tip decided to explode after a screw shot miscue. First time i've ever done this to a tip, generally a screw miscue just leaves a little scuff that can be filed off. Cue came with this from new, was only a matter of days old and maybe 4 hours of play.
                                Last edited by narl; 2 May 2019, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X