This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by 888 View Post
    Wow.. the 2nd of the pic, the four face solid ebony looks very sweet and neat, what cue is that? is that a maple thanks..
    Thanks for your kind words..

Bro.. the four pics from left are Mike woolridge, actually only 3 cues. Took pic of the joint just to show the joint MW was using back then. 9 years on and cues are still in mint condition - shows the quality of craftsmanship and timbers they use.

Yes. Pic1 from left is a butt jointed maple shaft with 4 splices of indian rosewood and an ebony front facing plice. All are with white veneers. Happens to be my fav as it has nice balance and spot on taper over the bridge-hand.

Middle cue - A MW Butt jointed ash shaft with 4 splices cocobola with yellow veneers

Pic4 fr left - MW one piece ash shaft with indian rosewood butt (i think).

Pic5 fr left - one piece ash shaft with honduras rosewood made by Robin cook. Stiff shaft and good quality ash..

Comment

• Originally Posted by sbq79 View Post
      Thanks for your kind words..

Bro.. the four pics from left are Mike woolridge, actually only 3 cues. Took pic of the joint just to show the joint MW was using back then. 9 years on and cues are still in mint condition - shows the quality of craftsmanship and timbers they use.

Yes. Pic1 from left is a butt jointed maple shaft with 4 splices of indian rosewood and an ebony front facing plice. All are with white veneers. Happens to be my fav as it has nice balance and spot on taper over the bridge-hand.

Middle cue - A MW Butt jointed ash shaft with 4 splices cocobola with yellow veneers

Pic4 fr left - MW one piece ash shaft with indian rosewood butt (i think).

Pic5 fr left - one piece ash shaft with honduras rosewood made by Robin cook. Stiff shaft and good quality ash..
      Very nice cues there, my favourite specs < Middle cue - A MW Butt jointed ash shaft with 4 splices cocobola with yellow veneers.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5NJt...eature=related
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObX6G...eature=related
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzNirO2VkH4
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1uYI...eature=related

Comment

• Hi guys heres my GBL c6 4 x Burrwood 4 x Ebony & single veneers. :snooker:

Comment

• Nice looking cue woozor. How does it play?
          :snooker:

Comment

• Only received it today, and it feels great. Stiff shaft, really smooth, great build quality. I'm very happy with it

Comment

• Finally happy with my collection

After a fair amount of cue buying/selling just lately, ive got to the point where i am happy with my little collection
              2 good playing 3/4 cues, 2 good playing one piece cues, & 2 genuine one piece antique cues.

Top downover:
              John Parris Classic 58/9.2/19.2
              O'min Professional 57.5/9/18.6
              Welsh Pool Trading Welsh Dragon 57/9.5/18.4 - if this cue was just one inch longer it would be absolutely perfect
              Burroughes & Watts 58.25/9.5/18.6 - old machine spliced cue re-spliced/weighted by Mastercraft
              Burwat Champion cue 58/10.5/18 (the most sought after specs )
              Tom Newman 1370 cue 58/10.5/16.2

Comment

• tom newman 1370

are you potting like shaun murphy with that cue:snooker:
                :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by blackballgame View Post
                  are you potting like shaun murphy with that cue:snooker:
                  What, at his best or his present form
                  Its got a big old tip on it fixed with a wafer, tried it out last week and could only pot plain ball pots - plus cue is too light for me - interesting experience tho

Comment

• tom newman

hi jrc what does the motif on the newman say i have 1 i think with poss same motif thanks jim

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                      hi jrc what does the motif on the newman say i have 1 i think with poss same motif thanks jim
                      Hi Jim, it says MORCUES, PHONE LONDON, TRADE MARK, BRITISH MADE
                      (i love the phone london bit - was there only one number for london in the old days lol)
                      Look at this thread where i was kindly helped out in finding out who they were
                      http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...hlight=morcues

Comment

• great cues here

Comment

• morcues

hi jr thats what it says on mine i asked somebody on here ,one of the cue collectors but you have cleared it up even better thanks jim

Comment

• Some lovely cues on here , fair play:snooker:

Comment

• Hi JRC, I like your Burwat Champion cue. Nice collection!

Comment

• My personal cue.

This is my cue I play with. The mini butt I made 9" and to the same size dimensions to the bottom 9" of the main butt so when its used on the shaft when in a tight area it still feels like the main cue butt.

sigpic <---New Website
                                Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X