• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy3103
    replied
    Thanks for the info mate!!

Here's my JP Ultimate 1407

This one comes with a bit of history... It is my first quality hand made cue which my wife gave me as a bday present back in Nov 2009. It was the main reason for me going back to playing snooker after a 2 year break. I played with this cue for 18 months during which I was really struggling to play anything close to decent snooker. My highlight with it was 1 good performance in a league tournament about a year after I first started playing with it. To make things even worse it developed a couple of cracks on the secondary splicings after about half a year which was also a big disappointment for me paying so much for it. Fortunately I came to the conclusion that my bad playing might not be because myself not being capable but because of this cue simply not fitting me. So I started looking for an alternative cue and with it came a gradual improvement in my game.

Today after having a little more knowledge on cues I can definitely say that it's a very good quality of a cue but it's just not good for me as I prefer more of a lighter cue and a forward balanced cue. This one has a very heavy butt.

It was over at JP's for a refinish and also filling of the cracks I mentioned about a month ago and although I know i'm not going to play with it anymore I will most probably just keep it for my collection

3/4 Ash shaft + Ebony butt + 4 secondary splices in snakewood with blue veneers.

59", 19.5oz, 9.5mm, 30mm
    Last edited by Guy3103; 27 October 2012, 05:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• hotpot
    replied
    Originally Posted by Guy3103 View Post
    What's the difference between a mast wales cue and a trevor white cue?
    Just different badges , mast were his earlier cues , he changed his badges around eight years ago i think .
    Last edited by hotpot; 15 March 2012, 05:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JasonOwen
    replied
    That is nice, id like a full butt in that.

Leave a comment:

• Guy3103
    replied
    What's the difference between a mast wales cue and a trevor white cue?

Leave a comment:

• hotpot
    replied
    That is stunning Airin , sure thats the wood on my mast cue .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X