A tip to increase weight of cue shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tip to increase weight of cue shaft

I recently had a new cue made and the shaft which was ash ,felt a little light i weighed it and it was 8.5 oz , i spoke to a man in my club who was a retired joiner /furniture maker , he took my cue dipped it in a mixture of raw linseed oil and white spirits for a week [ checking it every day ] and the shaft is now half an ounce heavier it has a soft dampened sound when i hit the cue ball and it feels a lot better , has anybody else tried this technique and what is the end prognosis, ? will my cue shaft eventually turn to pulp, or will it retain its aditional weight . the weight is exact ,i have extremly sensetive weighing facility to hand . replys would be appreciated.
    ps if it had been left in the optimum time ,one month the effect would have been slightly more ,poss another .25 oz .

sure yer dont mean 18.5 oz....

Comment

No the SHAFT was 8.5 oz .

Comment

Originally Posted by highbreak 8 View Post
        I recently had a new cue made and the shaft which was ash ,felt a little light i weighed it and it was 8.5 oz , i spoke to a man in my club who was a retired joiner /furniture maker , he took my cue dipped it in a mixture of raw linseed oil and white spirits for a week [ checking it every day ] and the shaft is now half an ounce heavier it has a soft dampened sound when i hit the cue ball and it feels a lot better , has anybody else tried this technique and what is the end prognosis, ? will my cue shaft eventually turn to pulp, or will it retain its aditional weight . the weight is exact ,i have extremly sensetive weighing facility to hand . replys would be appreciated.
        ps if it had been left in the optimum time ,one month the effect would have been slightly more ,poss another .25 oz .
        What is white sprite? Is it like mineral sprite? Was it used to dilute the oil?
        I do not know a shaft can soak in that much oil.
        I have tried to sort of pressurized some chemical into a shaft and it doea end up heavier. But to just apply some oil to make it heavier I do not know.
        Very interesting.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
        X