Peradon cues - any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peradon cues - any good?

I came across of some Peradon cues. What do you think of Peradon?

A friend of mine has a peradon cue, the cue feels pretty good to play with, its just the finish i didnt like, the shaft feels a bit sticky and the butt feels like its been dipped it treacle lol

Comment

If your buying one contact ADR147 as he has a deal with that company.

Comment

Originally Posted by platt View Post
        If your buying one contact ADR147 as he has a deal with that company.
        thanks, I try to keep that in mind!

Comment

Peradon usually ok at the higher end of there range, nice quality ash shafts & the joints good, the Peradon King is a nice cue & has the look of a Parris Superior, only thing is the lacquer finish on the cues, like Marmite..........you'll either love it or hate it.
          If you try it & like it fine, if not you could always get the lacquer removed & have it refinshed in oil.
          Lacquer tends to stick through the bridge hand after a while & needs regular wiping down, oil finish much better in my opinion for smoother cue action.
          Last edited by CueAntW147; 8 January 2009, 08:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

With Peradon cuewizard you will get a good cue and you can have an oil finish on the cue.

Comment

I didn't find an option for oiling the shaft... but otherweise, that's a nice tool!

Comment

personaly i think they are utter crap. i live quite close to peradon in liverpool and visit quite often the last time i was there i went thru the entire lot about 200 cues and found about 2/3 that where very nice.for the money get a craftsman or northwest

Comment

What about peradon lazer? Does anybody played with this cue? how is this „ebonex”?

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                    personaly i think they are utter crap. i live quite close to peradon in liverpool and visit quite often the last time i was there i went thru the entire lot about 200 cues and found about 2/3 that where very nice.
                    sorry, I don't know what you mean. 2/3 of the cues are very nice, but still they are crap? or do you mean 2/3 of the people are very nice?

Comment

I am playing with a Peradon Monarch and I am happy with it. The lacquer finish does not disturb me much, as long as I wipe the cue clean now and then.
                      Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

Originally Posted by Phil View Post
                        sorry, I don't know what you mean. 2/3 of the cues are very nice, but still they are crap? or do you mean 2/3 of the people are very nice?
                        no i mean i could only find 2 or 3 cues out of the lot that i thought was very good cues over the years i have been many times and its the same every time i go.

Comment

thanks for clarifying.

Comment

Ste is right!
                            I've had a Peradon and they are usually alright but they make loads so you get duds.
                            I think craftsman are a safer option but one of the beat cues I've ever played with was a custom Peradon.
                            If you can't vist the shops I'd speak to ADR147 and ask what he can do for you.
                            You can still ask for an oil finished Peradon too but I think it has gone from cue wizard!

Comment

Originally Posted by Phil View Post
                              I came across of some Peradon cues. What do you think of Peradon?
                              I have a Peradon King which is one of the top end range. It's a nice cue but I've just bought a Mike Wooldridge Shark Cue for £160 around the same price as what I payed for the King and put it this way I've given the King to my dad cos I won't be playing with it again!

Comment

Working...
                              X