3/4 butt 14inch or 16inch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/4 butt 14inch or 16inch

what would you recommend for a 3/4 cue butt: 14 inch or 16inch?

Personally, I think the longer the shaft the more "feel" you have in the cue, so I 'd recommend a 1 piece cue! However, I don't think that helps much, so I'd recommend a 12" butt; this gives you the transport ease of a 3/4 cue and more shaft length, therefore more feel. In all honesty, I don't know if there is much difference between all these possibilities playing-wise, so what suits your case best?
    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

I have both and prefer the 16''
      Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Hi there,

This issue has been discussed here, check the last reply from Oldgit:

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=11525

Comment

thanks, that really helped a lot!

Comment

Another point, which was raised in the other thread, is a 1 piece cue jointed above the splices; this gives you good feel in the cue and a good balance and very good transportability. I think Joe Perry, of the pro players, has one, I know that Mike Russell has/had one and I've got one too! It is a very good compromise if you're used to playing with a 1 piece cue.
            Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Working...
            X