Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laminated Shaft, what choices do I have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laminated Shaft, what choices do I have?

I'm looking at getting a laminated shaft cue. However I want to keep my budget as small as possible. I know a few people that offer them, some of which are just about in my price range. If anyone knows any others it would be great.

Can't afford the following:
    Dave Coutts

Could afford at a stretch:
    Mac Cues
    Johnny Carr/Excel cues

Unsure on price:
    Niche

Peradon Newbury is a laminated shaft
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I forgot that one. However I don't think I'll ever buy a Peradon.

Comment

Originally Posted by hunter101 View Post
        I forgot that one. However I don't think I'll ever buy a Peradon.
        I know nothing of the cue mentioned but interested why you'd never buy a Peradon?

Comment

The only other I can think of is Mezz, but I think they'd blow your budget unless you found one used. I haven't used one, but I have used their laminated pool cues, which I liked (but were ultimately a bit expensive for me)

Comment

Originally Posted by trying View Post

I know nothing of the cue mentioned but interested why you'd never buy a Peradon?
            I've only seen a few down my local club. And none of them looked to be of that good a quality. Broken splices, poor quality Ash and some even look like the butt is painted. Not the Lazer but the more expensive ones

Comment

Originally Posted by hunter101 View Post

I've only seen a few down my local club. And none of them looked to be of that good a quality. Broken splices, poor quality Ash and some even look like the butt is painted. Not the Lazer but the more expensive ones
              Oh right, if I judged entire brands by some bad ones I'd seen I'd never buy any snooker cue! But each to their own.
              Good luck finding a laminated cue that you like, I've never used one or looked that closely. What got you interested in them?

Comment

Originally Posted by trying View Post

Oh right, if I judged entire brands by some bad ones I'd seen I'd never buy any snooker cue! But each to their own.
                Good luck finding a laminated cue that you like, I've never used one or looked that closely. What got you interested in them?
                My eye sight isn't what it once was. And I use the chevrons to aid with my aim. Difficult with an Ash cue unless you get a good looking shaft. A laminated shaft would fix that. I've now ordered one from Mac Cues.

Comment

I am sure Richy will make you a great cue
                  let us know all about it when you get it - remember picture tells a thousand words

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    I am sure Richy will make you a great cue
                    let us know all about it when you get it - remember picture tells a thousand words
                    I have full faith in his cue making skills. I'll be sure to make a review of it with detailed pictures. I've opted for a Ebony with long splices of Paduak. Laminated shaft with a black fibre ferrule. Should look rather striking

Comment

we love a "long padauk"

Comment

I've been after one for a while. But haven't had the funds to buy one outright. I'm being made redundant next week, so this is my leaving present to myself XD

Comment

Ton Praram make them, I got a blank square made and I think I recall getting Andy Travis to make a cue with it. I've had a couple, the best was from Ton by far.

Comment

maybe out of budget from Tom Praram as his prices seem to go upwards monthly

Comment

Working...
                            X