Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue dilemma

Been playing for 7 months..

5 months ago I visited Frank Sandell and got a nice 'beginner' cue. I wanted a heavy cue as I'd played better with a heavy cue at the club. So I got one at 20.6 oz.

As my game improved slightly I thought I could up-grade. Bought a Cue Craft Baron. Took it to the club.. nice cue but I played ****. After 3 frames got out my old cue and night and day difference.. much much better.

I've read that with anything over 19oz it can be difficult to play with feel and delicate touch. I feel like in the long run it may be better to 'lighten-up' and I'd like to maybe make a step up in quality.

Would you stick with old heavy or up grade and to some extent 'start from scratch'?

3 frames isn't long enough to get used to a new cue. You need to get down the club by yourself a few times and give is at least 5 or 6 hours, probably longer, before writing it off. Unless it has a tiny tip, is too short, or is massively whippy, there's no reason you can't adapt given you haven't been playing long. That isn't a cheap cue and you'll lose a fair bit on resale, so don't throw your money away just yet.

Comment

Cheers Mark.. I got it second hand so could prob sell for same price but yes I think I'll persevere

Comment

Working...
      X