"Solid" Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

I didn't say all are rubbish. I said some are good while some aren't.
    Well what you wrote now is very different and might be applies to every cue maker that there ever was in the past - and this is a very generalized statement - not subjective at all. You could say that about all Thai cue makers.
    The way you put it earlier was dubiously put and biased in reference to Impressions cues i.e. advising someone to steer clear and not buy them but to go look elsewhere (anywhere?) for another Thai cue maker is definitely not useful advice at all.

I find the Impression Cues to be exceptionally made and solid playable cues - at least the SS model. I would put high end SS/SSS in the Ton Praram Limited Pro / Phantom bracket.
    Last edited by PaceAce; 18 May 2023, 09:57 AM.
    1Glover Cue N. American Ash full shaft 18.6oz/58/9.55mm/30.2mm/17.7 b.p., Century Ti-F, TripleCrown or ADR147 Medium tips, African Blackwood round butt with Snakewood and Tulip front splice
    2Custom Triple crown N. American Ash full shaft 18.7oz/58/9.7mm/30.2mm/17 b.p., Century Ti-F, TripleCrown or ADR147 Medium tips, Plain jet black African ebony round butt

Comment

Originally Posted by PaceAce View Post

Well what you wrote now is different and might be applies to every cue maker that there ever was in the past - and this is a very generalized statement - not subjective at all. You could say that about all Thai cue makers.
      The way you put it earlier was dubiously put and biased in reference to Impressions cues i.e. advising someone not to buy them but to go look elsewhere (anywhere?) for another Thai cue maker is definitely not useful advice at all.

I find the Impression Cues to be exceptionally made and solid playable cues - at least the SS model. I would put high end SS/SSS in the Ton Praram Limited Pro / Phantom bracket.
      Consider my situation where I buy all my cues online but from trusted people and not 1 and I mean it, not 1 cue has been bad till date. I have bought about 10-20 cues of different brands this way.

But with Impression I found them to be inconsistent from piece to piece. I won't buy them before I try them. Plain and simple. Which is why I said stay away from them as not all are fortunate enough to try before you buy. Oh and I tried Impression cues 5 years back before they came into the spotlight very recently.
      Last edited by fkhan; 18 May 2023, 10:21 AM.

Comment

There lies the issue with seeking online advice about what cue to buy.
        One persons opinion on a cue based on what they require in feel etc will be different from another’s . This shouldn’t form basis on whether to recommend that particular cue or not .
        I use a Maximus and would recommend that cue based on how it’s made and the value for money but never on how it plays.

Comment

Consider my situation where I buy all my cues online but from trusted people and not 1 and I mean it, not 1 cue has been bad till date. I have bought about 10-20 cues of different brands this way.

But with Impression I found them to be inconsistent from piece to piece. I won't buy them before I try them. Plain and simple. Which is why I said stay away from them as not all are fortunate enough to try before you buy. Oh and I tried Impression cues 5 years back before they came into the spotlight very recently.
          Trying before buying is always a good idea. You have indeed been lucky. I always see a test of the cue I am ordering for good general playabilityfor high end cues. But still you made it seem negative when their quality is to me unquestionable.

It is all personal - an individual cue that does or does not work for you does not mean it won't necessary work perfectly for someone else.
          I have seen and tried a professional top end cue that I did not enjoy playing with at all as it was so stiff and yet that is the one they play with and can play really well with it.
          1Glover Cue N. American Ash full shaft 18.6oz/58/9.55mm/30.2mm/17.7 b.p., Century Ti-F, TripleCrown or ADR147 Medium tips, African Blackwood round butt with Snakewood and Tulip front splice
          2Custom Triple crown N. American Ash full shaft 18.7oz/58/9.7mm/30.2mm/17 b.p., Century Ti-F, TripleCrown or ADR147 Medium tips, Plain jet black African ebony round butt

Comment

Originally Posted by PaceAce View Post

Trying before buying is always a good idea. You have indeed been lucky. I always see a test of the cue I am ordering for good general playabilityfor high end cues. But still you made it seem negative when their quality is to me unquestionable.

It is all personal - an individual cue that does or does not work for you does not mean it won't necessary work perfectly for someone else.
            I have seen and tried a professional top end cue that I did not enjoy playing with at all as it was so stiff and yet that is the one they play with and can play really well with it.
            I agree what feels good to one player may not be the case with another player while trying the same cue. I saw about 5 people try them cues and all of them could not play well with them whereas I have seen them play well with other cue makes. Leaving the cue's feel aside, I try to play the basic shots to see how well the cue reacts. I play top ball, screw shots. With those 2 impression cues I could not get enough or got very less reaction on those shots. With other cue makes I never felt that. And I saw 4-5 players feel the same while playing with those Impression cues.

Comment

I agree what feels good to one player may not be the case with another player while trying the same cue. I saw about 5 people try them cues and all of them could not play well with them whereas I have seen them play well with other cue makes. Leaving the cue's feel aside, I try to play the basic shots to see how well the cue reacts. I play top ball, screw shots. With those 2 impression cues I could not get enough or got very less reaction on those shots. With other cue makes I never felt that. And I saw 4-5 players feel the same while playing with those Impression cues.
              Probably too stiff and not enough flex for you and your mates. Some prefer them stiff some otherwise. I am not defending the cues you had. I am saying you cannot judge a cue maker by the odd cue (who knows what model it was and what spec was ordered) obviously these did not suit your game, but just because you and 5 others out of a possible 100,000 players don't like them it doesn't mean 10 others might not like them.

Comment

If you are satisfied with how your cue plays then that is all that matters.

Comment

Working...
                X