Any retail stores in Las Vegas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any retail stores in Las Vegas?

I'm coming back to snooker after a 20 year absence, and trying to get a workable cue sorted out has been a bit frustrating. A friend of mine (who is a very good snooker player - pro/am player etc) thinks the 9.3mm tip on my old CueCraft cue is harming me, as he thinks I get too much unintended side spin. I'd like to try a bigger tip, but am loathe to drop a bunch on a quality cue as I don't even really have a good idea of what specs I should be playing. I have been unable to find a shop with a decent selection of cues in various weights/lengths in order to see what suits me.

I'm going to Las Vegas in a few weeks - any chance of finding a store there with a decent selection of snooker cues? I imagine it's more of an 8-ball/9-ball town, but if any retailer has a selection of snooker cues I'd love to go take a look at 'em.

Thanks,
    Brad

Could just get your current cue lengthened at the butt and the shaft chopped down a bit to make the tip bigger. Andy travis could have that done for you pretty fast.

Comment

I don't think you will find anything in Las Vegas. I'd suggest trying a bunch of different rack cues at a club, I'd imagine there will be a mix of tip sizes available. There are a couple of pool halls with snooker tables in Vegas, so you could visit one of them when you're there and see what's on the racks. There's probably a set of calipers in most clubs if you want to measure up

Comment

Originally Posted by bbbrisco View Post
        I'm coming back to snooker after a 20 year absence, and trying to get a workable cue sorted out has been a bit frustrating. A friend of mine (who is a very good snooker player - pro/am player etc) thinks the 9.3mm tip on my old CueCraft cue is harming me, as he thinks I get too much unintended side spin. I'd like to try a bigger tip, but am loathe to drop a bunch on a quality cue as I don't even really have a good idea of what specs I should be playing. I have been unable to find a shop with a decent selection of cues in various weights/lengths in order to see what suits me.

I'm going to Las Vegas in a few weeks - any chance of finding a store there with a decent selection of snooker cues? I imagine it's more of an 8-ball/9-ball town, but if any retailer has a selection of snooker cues I'd love to go take a look at 'em.

Thanks,
        Brad
        Would a Crown sort of tip suit then? That would increase your tip size considerably.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys! I may try re-tipping my favourite cue, but I don't know if the other parameters (57" long, 16 oz, balance pt) suit me or not. No snooker clubs with tables in my area - only 6x12's are two down at the senior center, and there's not a proper snooker cue in sight most days (most of the people playing there are either using the motley assortment of house cues with giant plastic ferrules or bringing in their own eight-ball cue).

Once my table is setup (hopefully next week) I'll play around with my 4 cues and a half-dozen spares my buddy is bringing over. Perhaps I can get a feel for what I like as far as length, butt diameter and weight from that, then order something from England with a bigger (9.7 or 9.8mm) tip.

Cheers,
          Brad

Comment

Working...
          X