X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Identification

Would anyone have any idea who made this cue?/IMG-5172.jpg[/img]

I get an error from the link, Gary

"In ImgBB, change the "Embed Code" to "BBCode full linked", hover over the code, a "copy" will appear, click this and then paste into the TSF post."
    Last edited by DeanH; 15 April 2020, 11:50 AM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

thanks dean hope this works lol

Comment

Comment

it is notoriously difficult to name a maker from weight stamp, as so many used the same typeface and many used different typefaces themselves.
          also the "traditional" splicing was also used by many (hence the term for this arrangement )
          sorry

Comment

I would have thought that it must be a wholesale manufacturer. Looking as the size of the screws I would say it was no earlier than mid to late 1950s and although there were a few wholesalers still operating at that time, just about the only show in town after 1958 was Peradon. Although some people with better knowledge may be able to match this stamp to a particular maker, I do know that Peradon stopped putting the fraction on their weight stamp after 1966. So, for what it's worth, I'd have said it was 'probably' from the Peradon range between 1955-66.

Comment

interesting analysis of the screws
              I have evidence that the typeface has been used by Peradon and Riley, at least

Comment

Is it not an older Riley Burwat ?
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

since Riley took over B&W in 1967 I doubt it is a Riley Burwat cue

Comment

but there could have been old stock lying around from the "stamp days" and was used into the Burwat early days?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      but there could have been old stock lying around from the "stamp days" and was used into the Burwat early days?
                      Possibly, but I think you are right, it's unlikely to be a Riley Burwat.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I think it is most likely a 60's peradon cue, but it could be a few things.
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                        X