Make a cue heavier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make a cue heavier

Is it a easy jo to add say 1oz to the butt of a cue, anyone know who would do it.
    it's a Phoenix and has a sd joint

A friend had his late-dad's cue where his dad had added "lead-tape" to the butt - like Black insulation tape but with a thin layer of lead.
    Made a hell of a mess to remove it
    or send to a cue-maker for them to add the new weight
    Last edited by DeanH; 2 June 2020, 03:03 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I don't think it's that expensive to get it done, especially if you have a cue doctor near you and don't have to pay postage both ways,so may as well get it done right.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Thanks I was wondering how it's done.

Comment

I'd guess it depends where you want the cue to balance.

Comment

It's a tricky job because it depends how the cue is weighted and what with. If it's a one piece weighted with lead then the sd joint will need to be removed so that it can be drilled through the lead deeper to add extra weight, but if it's been weighted with a steel bar then the cue will need to have a splice or two removed as you can't drill through steel, and that's an expensive job. You won't know what is used for the weight until the sd joint has been removed and drilling attempted, if there's a lot of squealing and smoke :nightmare: then it's a steel bar.
            If it's a 3/4 then the split joint can be removed and extra weight added either side of the joint which will keep it's balance and the cue won't need any re-splicing.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Thanks for the information, it's a 3/4 so sounds like it may be ok to do.

Comment

Working...
              X