Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue

I have a cue which i am happy with.decent sturdy shaft etc only thing is the splices are way out is it worth getting done or would it be too costly or a waste of time and would it be an easy fix for a cue maker or more trouble than it is worth i am based in lancashire area

Any.feedback.appreciated

Comment

Splices are just for visual appeal. I would not have them redone.

Comment

Getting the splices level would mean planing wood off to get them all even, and that would mean the cue would then have flat spots at the tip of the splices so it wouldn't be perfectly round, not that it matters at that point of the shaft but it would be something you would feel if you turned it in your fingers and that would annoy you more; the cue would have to be totally re-spliced for a perfect job. To be honest it's a waste of time if you're happy with it; uneven splices don't matter, most cues have uneven splices.
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I agree with Vmax even a well spliced cue can have slight imperfections on the splices if you look at them closely. I would just be happy I had a cue I liked.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Forget about it - if you can play with it then leave it alone.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thanks guys for all the feedback as they say " if it is not broke don't fix it " as i do like the cue it also sounds more trouble than it is worth Cheers

Comment

I kinda would like to see a few pictures of splices being 'way out', i'm not even sure how that looks.
                Are we speaking about 1 mm difference? 2 mm? More?

Comment

Working...
                X