Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish dealers

Hi everyone
    I am currently in the process of getting my double garage insulated and carpeted and am going to get a full sized snooker table in there.
    It'll probably be 6-8 weeks till I'm ready to take delivery but have started looking. I've not played since my local club shut and was turned into a Wetherspoons a good few years ago.
    I am in Musselburgh (just outside Edinburgh) and was wondering if anyone could recommend the best place to buy from (and more importantly, who to avoid!!) I've seen a few on Ebay but when you don't really know what to look for it seems like a recipe for disaster.

Maryfield on here, think they are in Dundee supply good Aristocrats and Westbury tables, fully reconditioned. Definitely worth getting in contact with.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      Maryfield on here, think they are in Dundee supply good Aristocrats and Westbury tables, fully reconditioned. Definitely worth getting in contact with.
      Maryfield? Is that the name of the company? I did notice a company with Tayside in their name , is this them do you think?

Comment

Hope you’ve checked the dimensions. It always surprises me the amount of space a full size table takes up. It’s the clearance space you need all round with a 58” cue that’s the killer. Hope you find something suitable. Maryfield sometimes posts on here so hopefully he’ll see your post and be able to help.

Comment

Originally Posted by Post221 View Post

Maryfield? Is that the name of the company? I did notice a company with Tayside in their name , is this them do you think?
          That's his name on here, I think you are right his business could have Tayside in it. I had a card from when I was looking for a table but can't remember what I did with it.
          just remembered, I took a picture of it on my phone. It's Tayside snooker Services.
          Last edited by itsnoteasy; 23 September 2021, 09:48 PM.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Even I am looking to buy a table.

These 2 are non Scottish I guess but in the UK.

Geoff Large, a member on here is great.

I came across Mills from Sheffield a few days back. Not sure about their reputation.

https://www.millssnookerpool.co.uk/
            Last edited by fkhan; 23 September 2021, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the replies I will get in touch with Tayside Snooker Services.

Comment

Before you get the carpet and table in consider running a cable to under where the table will be and putting a socket in the floor. Then it would be much easier to run a heater under the table to keep the slates warm in winter.
                王可

Comment

Maryfield (Tayside snooker ) recondition good match tables ,Westbury ,Aristocrat .Mine was bought from them , frame put up and slates on ,Geoff Large then set it up to finish off .Geoff is probably one of the best fitters around the UK ,he often has great tables on his site selling for a third party . Check out the table history on his web page ,he sourced a mint conditioned steel block match BCE Westbury for John Higgins about 2 years ago ( this went in his house ),think it went for about a grand and a half or just over .Check room size of garage ,interior needs to be 22 x 16 feet for full size table .As Philip says if the room is going to be cold sometimes or an exterior build ,a socket under the table area for a potential heater is a must have .

Comment

Some good responses there guys , thanks very much. I've got some time off in 2 weeks so will take a trip up then. Got the sparky coming on Monday to see about lighting so will get him to include a socket in the floor in his price. This was something I would never have even thought about so thanks again.👍

Comment

Avoid Northwest Snooker Services… I’ll say no more and leave it at that.

Have you considered how you will heat/cool the building? I’d highly recommend an Aircon/heater/dehumidifier unit, that combined with under table heaters an Bob’s yer Uncle! Check out the ‘Project Snooker Shed’ blog if you haven’t already, loads of info on there.

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                        Avoid Northwest Snooker Services… I’ll say no more and leave it at that.

Have you considered how you will heat/cool the building? I’d highly recommend an Aircon/heater/dehumidifier unit, that combined with under table heaters an Bob’s yer Uncle! Check out the ‘Project Snooker Shed’ blog if you haven’t already, loads of info on there.
                        Was just going to have a couple of oil filled radiators in there , that with the carpet and insulation I thought would be enough. Do you reckon a dehumidifier would make a lot of difference?

Comment

Originally Posted by Post221 View Post

Was just going to have a couple of oil filled radiators in there , that with the carpet and insulation I thought would be enough. Do you reckon a dehumidifier would make a lot of difference?
                          It depends how well insulated your garage really is? Has it been getting really hot and sticky in there over the summer? If so then the winter will be cold and damp. You’ll want a unit that can cool as well as heat in the winter and most of those units de-humidify also. If your serious about your snooker and want good playing conditions then it needs thinking about. Table heating will help keep the cloth dry and also keep the cushion rubber from hardening prematurely, as well as keeping the table playing fast.

Comment

I am a retired accountant- I know nothing about building. In my now 65 years I have found that extensions, grage conversions and the like can tend to have a problem with condensation. I don't know why. What I would do is:
                            1. You might need an ac unit which will heat, cool and dehumidify. So for what it will cost get your electrician to put in a high socket so if you do eed one the wiring will be in. It will be cheaper and easier done now.
                            2. Once your room is up and running you will soon know whether or not you need one.
                            3. If you don't need the AC side of things you can always get a dehumidifier at a later date. They are a very useful toy. They are great for drying washing and amazing in a room which you have just painted or wallpapered.
                            4. If you don't end up using the high mounted socket it will come in for a spotlight, fan, TV or something of the sort.

As I have moved around the world I am now on my third, and best, snooker room. If you need to chat why not PM me?
                            王可

Comment

BTW a dehumidifier gives you a source of distilled water.
                              王可

Comment

Working...
                              X