Rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber

Hello all, yes this has been discussed but from what I have seen years ago. Has anyone put their own rubber on and was the task difficult? I know it's having a proper undercut. There have been 1 or 2 videos of this and looks like a ton of patience. How can a piece of rubber be so scary lol. So just wondering who has done it. I'm one for doing most things on my own and why wouldn't I. Yep a time and place for professionals, engine build, frame a house, electrician but a piece of rubber. Nit taking away from table builders at all. A good eye, proper tools and follow template and go slow. Or am I kidding myself. Was going to but to sets if rubbers and cut up one set and keep practicing before I actually do it. I know, why wouldn't I just buy a set and let a professional do it, yes makes sense but I really want to do it. Self sufficient. Thanks all

I wouldn't risk it unless I know what I am doing. After all it's going to last many years. I would contact a table fitter. It's your choice at the end.

Comment

Danger Steve has done his own table ,I’m sure he’ll chip in on this

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
        I wouldn't risk it unless I know what I am doing. After all it's going to last many years. I would contact a table fitter. It's your choice at the end.
        Yes for sure that is on the table, but knowing how is great to do on your own. I'm just one of those persons that need to know. Big risk but even bigger reward. Just tossing it up. Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
          Danger Steve has done his own table ,I’m sure he’ll chip in on this
          Interesting for sure

Comment

Hi Frankie! Check out my Project Snooker Shed blog on the forum, I’ve covered how to fit rubber on a snooker table using some basic hand tools. There are a few little tricks to it, so yes maybe have a practice first if you have some old rubber. Also you might need pocket templates (I made some using MDF to TV match table size), you’ll use these as a guide to make sure you file the rubber to the correct angle etc etc…

Any issues give me a shout

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
              Hi Frankie! Check out my Project Snooker Shed blog on the forum, I’ve covered how to fit rubber on a snooker table using some basic hand tools. There are a few little tricks to it, so yes maybe have a practice first if you have some old rubber. Also you might need pocket templates (I made some using MDF to TV match table size), you’ll use these as a guide to make sure you file the rubber to the correct angle etc etc…

Any issues give me a shout
              Excellent i will have a look and if I decide to take it on I will definitely be in touch. Thank you

Comment

Working...
              X