Outdor pool tables - Any experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdor pool tables - Any experience?

Does anyone own, or has anyone played on an outdoor pool table?

I don't have room in the house, but i thought one of these plus a gazeebo type cover could work in the garden on the decking...

They aren't cheap from what I can make out, so it would have to be decent for me to go ahead. I can't find many decent reviews anywhere.

played on one in spain CRAP...

Comment

Originally Posted by Callipygous View Post
      Does anyone own, or has anyone played on an outdoor pool table?

I don't have room in the house, but i thought one of these plus a gazeebo type cover could work in the garden on the decking...

They aren't cheap from what I can make out, so it would have to be decent for me to go ahead. I can't find many decent reviews anywhere.
      I would imagine the variable temperatures would play havoc with the table's cloth and playability so I'd say that, if you want to put the table in the garden, you'd need to build a shed or something for it. You'd probably need heating in there as well, otherwise you'd have the same temperature related problems...

When you say you haven't room in the house, do you mean the problem is with the table itself, or with having fullsize cues? I had the same problem, went with (perfectly playable) 36in cues and no problemo! Maybe you could even get away with 48in cues (that would be ideal for me). I thought I'd have trouble with spin and power but not one bit of it! Also, what size were you looking at? You can have a very decent game of pool on a 6ft, or even a 5ft table.
      Last edited by DavisFan76; 5 February 2009, 11:51 PM.
      Mobo: GA-P35-S3
      CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2Ghz
      GPU: ATI EAH4850 512mb DDR3
      RAM: Kingston 2.Gb 240pin DDR2 PC667Mhz PC5300
      Sound: Audigy 4

Comment

I don't think that would be a very good idea. Wooden parts and rubber rail cushions would in my opinion get ruined by the temperature and humidity oscilations.

Comment

Working...
        X