Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed, H.Nelmes & Co full size snooker table and accessories

Hello,

I have a 12ft snooker table. It has a H.Nelmes & Co plaque. I also have a full set of balls, hard wood triangle, 3 cues from riley and bce, 2 rest/bridge, chalk board and score board.

Does anyone have an idea of value? I am looking to sell if possible.

It would look like the company was well established for ~100 years untill the 1950s supplying snooker and billards tables based in Glasgow.

It won't let me attach pictures.

welcome to TSF
    being a newcomer you can not use the attachment function, but easily remedied by using image-sharing sites
    we love photos of cues and tables

How to add images to your TSF posts
    You can use a free image-sharing site such as ImgBB, without registering (you can register for free), to upload your images, you may have to do the “not a robot” checks quickly. There are other image sharing sites as well.
    ImgBB.com
    Click on "Start Uploading"
    Browse to the file and select it, click Open
    Auto delete image - leave as "Don't autodelete".
    Click "Upload".

Change "Embed Codes" to "BBCode full linked".

Hover over the code in the box, a "COPY" will appear, click this.
    Go to your TSF post and paste.
    You can repeat for multiple images in a single post.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

The cues and scoreboard are not worth anything ,just cheap bits and bobs ,as for the table it’s an old top plate from around 1880 to early 1900’s era ,they are not rare or sought after to be honest .Most Antique tables need to be very special to fetch anything ,like a beautiful Hand carved B&W . You might get a few hundred quid for it best case scenario,or sometimes nothing and let someone take it away for free .If it was steel cushions they on there own are with over a grand but it’s standard wood . Think your table was a Glasgow firm .

Comment

Hi all

Just wondering if you would please be able to help me with some of my dad's cues.

He died last year and I don't have a clue. He has been a snooker fanatic for as long as I can remember.
        1. He has one that is supposed to be antique
        2. Tom Newman Champion Cup Snooker Cue. World Record Break 1370 - i put on ebay but a buyer just said it's not Burrows and Watts - so that's why no one is bidding???
        3. Also, Terry Griffifs - my dad did some work on a house and he was given his first ever cue his dad bought him. This was years ago in Llanelli where the snooker player had a place apparently - so not sure which one this is. Just found him online - maybe i can email him.

I have attached a few pics which maybe some general info - I think some are only worth a little but I know one of them is worth something - its not the Tom Newman one though.

I was just going to put them up in a couple of job lots???

Would so appreciate your opinions if possible and have attached a few pictures.

He also has these

Comment

I can upload better pictures of any that might be of interest. Hopefully.

Comment

Originally Posted by JenD View Post
            I can upload better pictures of any that might be of interest. Hopefully.
            No images show at this time. Follow the instructions I posted back in post #2 (especially the Change "Embed Codes" to "BBCode full linked".bit, then when you complete the instructions the image will display in the post and not just a link )
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
            X