Spare rise and fall mechanism for riley dining/snooker table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare rise and fall mechanism for riley dining/snooker table

I’ve bought an antique Riley 6ft Slate Snooker table that converts to a dining table. But I’ve realised it’s missing its rise and fall mechanism.
    Does anyone own a set of these mechanisms? The table has the screw holes still there and the bracket on the underneath frame.
    Be glad of any advice on who may have these
    Many thanks in advance!
    Wes

https://www.drinkwaters.com/product/...diner-actions/

Comment

Thanks, amoeba. I reached back out to who I bought the table from and with a bit of a rummage through his garage, he found them all! Saved me £180!

Comment

Luckier than me, I just bought a table in poor condition and would like some; but I'm not willing to pay £180 for them!

So if anyone has some old ones for sale, I'd be interested.

Comment

Have you tried searching Peradon for a different stockist?

They supply their own brass levelling actions, product ref S4443, which were in stock when I last reached out to them and available to purchase from any of their stockists.

https://www.peradon.co.uk/table-part...).aspx#product

They are not the originals but their stockists may be cheaper. I think they're different to the ones on the Drinkwaters website, but not sure.

Comment

Yes I've done my best to search.

It sounds to me like these Peradon are 'inferior' to the original - plenty of people on the internet saying they can break. So I'd rather get an original if possible, or a quality copy.

Comment

The modern day ones aren't perfect but a little re-working makes them just as good as the originals imo.

Comment

Try Darren at Snooker Sports in Rayleigh, Essex. He bought the patterns from Tenby Engineering who made the originals. Don’t know if he still gets them made but worth asking.

Comment

Working...
                X