e bay trader selling 6811 cloths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e bay trader selling 6811 cloths

Hi I,m new to this site . I've always loved the game after having a 7 ft table growing up at home . I recently built a snooker room mainly for me and my father to play . Its a nice solid oak slate bed 8ft the plan was to get it sorted by christmas so i purchased a cloth from ronnie allen ie allenronnie on e bay
    The cloth i was sent was ok for length but really short on width . Having limited expirence my objective was to fit my own cloth , the strech made it just about posible to fit so i sent him a complaint but had to carry on as time is running out . The middle pockets were so hard having hardly anything to pull and temp tacking to 10mm of cloth is a nightmare,
    I've given up on it now and seeking a full refund , slight tear in the felt now due to having to over stretch I have also found out from research the gold standard mark on the back has been tampered with and rubbed off so i think i have a 6811 sub standard cloth not gold 30 oz which i ordered
    Its left me gutted and annoyed at someone selling a well known brand as something other than it really is . So far no reply from him.
    My plan is to now source a pro fitter which i now know i should have done but a lesson learned
    If i dont get a refund i will ensure this practise is reported to the maufacturer and think about further action as i feel I've been rippped off
    Regards to anyone interested

Did you supply exact dimensions of your table? You don't really specify if you yourself sent Ronnie the length of cloth you required and whether it was cut to measure from a roll of cloth?
    βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

The website has a drop down size of 8x4 my table is a standard 8x4. The length has a drap of 4 inches per end the sides literally none. Plus it’s not a 30z as advertised.

Comment

That doesn't sound good, and I can understand your disappointment. Only good thing I suppose is that the seller has a high reputation that they will want to keep and if you don't hear from them logging an issue with eBay should result in getting some action.

I'd take photos showing the shortfall etc to support your case. Hope you get it sorted to play on early new year.
        βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Might have a hard job convincing Ebay to issue the refund. You should have stopped and returned as soon as you realised the cloth was too small. Hopefully the seller issues the refund for you, but I'd guess that Ebay may not if this goes to an ebay claim.

Comment

I think my biggest problem is not so much the size it the fact it a substandard cloth. Ie it’s stopped whilst being produced and sold cheaper. The seller has then sold it to me as a 30 z gold 6811. So it’s basically fraud. The seller assured me it’s the same cloth but after taking professional advice it’s not.even going to the length of rubbing the kite mark away. Sure enough it’s ok for my standard but it’s the principle of selling something that is what it says it is. If I don’t get a refund I have plenty more options.

Comment

Working...
            X