Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning

Table is a bit grubby, black hands after playing. What products do you diy’ers use for cleaning?thanks

Might get crucified here but my usual table upkeep is;
    1 wipe down wooden parts of the cushion with a very slightly damp cloth
    2 brush table downwards (from baulk to black spot)
    3 Use a block and brush downwards
    4 Wrap a microfibre washing up cloth around the block and brush downwards from baulk end again
    5 Dampen the microfibre cloth very slightly then wrap around the block and brush downwards again
    6 Go over with an iron, this should remove any of the moisture from the damp cloth and leave the bed of the table looking spotless

P.S not been one for dampening a table when cleaning until the last couple of months but i've been trying to get as much pace out of our cloth as possible and it's really worked.
    DO NOT use a vacuum
    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

I agree with Tom's routine, with only one difference - I clean the wooden parts and pocket rails AFTER I have finished brushing, blocking and ironing the cloth and the dust has settled
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        I agree with Tom's routine, with only one difference - I clean the wooden parts and pocket rails AFTER I have finished brushing, blocking and ironing the cloth and the dust has settled
        That makes so much more sense LOL cheers Dean!
        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

I used to simply brush the table, followed by inverting the brush to use the back wooden block to smooth over the table again, before then ironing (All in one direction). Now know that was wrong.

Since discovered a nap block... What a difference!

Having brushed in quick sweeping motions to 'lift the dust' all way to baulk cushion, taking note to get into the tight areas under the edge underhang ( occasional use of a swap required ). i then run the dampened nap block down the table, taking time, if required, to backbrush any stubborn marks ( generally caused by over gripping of cloth by players), before then gently stroking those isolated areas about ten times, using nap block toward baulk.
          This has my cloth looking great.
          Then its the snooker iron's turn at 3/4 to max temperature slowly down to baulk.

My cloth now looks and plays like glass. Also after each session, the balls are also given a full clean in an auto ball cleaner (on web about £260/350) using Regal ball cleaner. Hope it works for you.

Comment

Your going the wrong way.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by DLI View Post
              Having brushed in quick sweeping motions to 'lift the dust' all way to baulk cushion....
              Do you mean you brush from the black end to the baulk end?
              That is the wrong way.
              Always brush, nap and iron from Baulk to Black in straight parallel motions.
              Initial brushing strokes can be short strokes to "lift the dust" but still in Black to Baulk direction, and you will do continuous unbroken brush strokes from baulk to black afterwards.
              Napping and ironing are in continuous unbroken strokes the full length of the table in Baulk to Black direction.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                Do you mean you brush from the black end to the baulk end?
                That is the wrong way.
                Always brush, nap and iron from Baulk to Black in straight parallel motions.
                Initial brushing strokes can be short strokes to "lift the dust" but still in Black to Baulk direction, and you will do continuous unbroken brush strokes from baulk to black afterwards.
                Napping and ironing are in continuous unbroken strokes the full length of the table in Baulk to Black direction.
                Hi Itsnoteasy & DeanH. I'm brushing to lift the dust from baulk to black end. That's what happens when you rush a post without proof reading. Bit like how I keep rushing shots and missing...especially the midfle bags!

Comment

Hi Itsnoteasy & DeanH. I'm brushing to lift the dust from baulk to black end. That's what happens when you rush a post without proof reading. Bit like how I keep rushing shots and missing...especially the midfle bags!
                  Midfle...put that down to bleary eyes lol

Comment

LOL phew!

Midfle...put that down to bleary eyes lol
                    happens to the best of us

Comment

Working...
                    X