X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Pool Table Pocket Dimensions

Hi All,

My first post so be gentle with me

I'm a cabinet maker by trade and looking to start a little project with my 12 year old Grandson, making a foldaway pool table. I understand it's not going to meet the standard of many of the tables you're used to but this is more about the project with the boy, than the table itself

I'm pretty much set on the construction and have identified where I can source all of the components but I just cannot find drawings / dimensions for UK table pockets.
    I plan to use standard 2" balls and would like to go for the slightly wider 3.2" corner pockets if possible. If anyone could help with detailed drawings / dimensions, I'd be eternally grateful.

One would think that there would be a standard rule set for official sizes for pool tables of all types, as for snooker (which require elaborate wooden templates to allow the fitters to make precise cushion cuts), but I can't find any! Even my contact at Ft. Worth Billiards Superstore told me that such sizes can vary, near 3.2" (80-85 mm). You may try calling table manufacturers in England/UK and ask them what size they use for a better representation.

Comment

Maybe would be a option to go to a club with a notepad or laptop and measuring tape and ask if you can do some measuring on one of the tables.
      Last edited by Delphi; 3 August 2023, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X