Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table buying advice needed

Hey guys,
    a friend of mine wants to buy a steelblock table, he got an offer from a seller in the UK for an older refurbished Riley for 10k € (including setting up and delivery to germany). A new one directly from Riley would be around 16k all incl.. After reading a bit about it he's now unsure because different people said that the new Rileys are not as good as older ones, but what is the difference, are they built differently, don't roll off as quickly? And when was the turning point of the riley tables becoming worse,after 2003?
    Are there any other makes to recommend, for example the new Star WST tables, they are around the same price as a new Riley?
    Since we don't know many knowledgeable people to ask for advice, other than sellers, i was hoping this forum might bring some answers. And it's not about getting the cheapest option available, he just wants a nice table which he doesn't regret to have bought in the end.
    Thanks for the help in advance.

maryfield should be able to provide some sound advice and maybe have some current options.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Check out ebay for some antique steel block table bargains well under the price that you've been quoted.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

vmax I would personally look for a bragain and maybe refurbish it myself but he just wants the best table he can get, the money is not the problem, it's the uncertainty about which brand and age would be the best.
        Cue crafty Thanks, i see he's from Scotland, is he the one running Tayside snooker? If not, i will contact him, since my friend already spoke to them.

Comment

Originally Posted by ecofoo View Post
          vmax I would personally look for a bragain and maybe refurbish it myself but he just wants the best table he can get, the money is not the problem, it's the uncertainty about which brand and age would be the best.
          Cue crafty Thanks, i see he's from Scotland, is he the one running Tayside snooker? If not, i will contact him, since my friend already spoke to them.
          Yes he is Tayside snooker AFAIK.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by ecofoo View Post
            Yes, he is a top guy. Sadly after his dad passed recently, he is taking care of the day to day activities at the pool and billiards hall.

Comment

Hi there, I have numerous Riley, BCE and other tables available. Please feel free to contact me for info. We ship worldwide. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X