Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home snooker table

Hi all!!

Right since this recession that were in has really kicked in rileys in hounslow has closed down just as i was starting to improve (proper p*ssed)

so i thought why not get a smaller one for home, say 6ft or 7ft

ive seen this one on the argos site
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3350719/Trail/searchtext>SNOOKER.htm

anyone one got any experience on a non slatted table (can you generate screw on them??)

i know argos to some crap stuff but are there any other alternatives people can direct me to

many thanks

or if you've got the room for a full size table, I guess there's going to be around 600 going cheap soon (30 Riley's closing down times 20 tables each) ...

and your missus was complaining about the number of cues you keep in stock ADR147?

Comment

btw Zidane ... if you fancy popping over to Riley's Staines some time, I'd be more than happy to let you beat me (hb 25) ...

easy travelling distance ... car down the A30 for 10mins ... train about the same plus a 5min walk at the end ...

Comment

yeah full sized table would be tight to say the least in my room

yeah look like the staines one is my local at the mo, hopefully one of the regulars at hounslow might buy/ carry it on, but thtas probably just talk

but yeah man pm me your number and so we can hook up sometime?

Comment

Originally Posted by Zidane_87 View Post
          yeah full sized table would be tight to say the least in my room

yeah look like the staines one is my local at the mo, hopefully one of the regulars at hounslow might buy/ carry it on, but thtas probably just talk

but yeah man pm me your number and so we can hook up sometime?
          I personally think those little timber based table are cr4p and will probably screw up your game on a full size table. Least ways that's been my experience.

Comment

There must be other clubs around you with full size table's ? , riley's closeing down is not the end of the world , it must be a record as Riley have gone bust many time's in the past and always manage to resurface useing the same name , without oweing a penny to its debters , all wrong in my book .
            close down the loss making club's keep the profit making one's and restructure under another mother company .
            I guess the goverment is letting them through some legal loop hole because of all its employees .

As for selling all those table's , I am betting they will be paying people to take them away or they will get skipped . the steel block Match one's will of course be gone before that happens .
            That give's me one idea , maybe you can get a full size and useing the end of the frames make a small frame , just use the two end slates , cutt the cushions down for the short ends , and build a trainer table approx 6 foot by 40 inch . , ok it will have no middle pockets but all 4 corners will still be there . it would not be portable though .
            [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

very good idea geoff, but like you said not the end of the world

i managed to find a local leisure club right near me that has a table, which is a secluded spot, peace and quiet

but i was seriously considering storing maybe a larger table from my local and chop it in half and keep the black spot, the business end of the table

but its amazing how much a couple of days make, got a new cue on the way as well so looking forward to some more practice

Comment

Working...
              X