about second hand table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about second hand table

hi, i am going to buy a 1977 full size snooker table, i have not seen it though, anyone have experience of dealing with old tables? anything need to be taken care of ? the table is already disassembled, so i may not see it in the whole ,until i take it back home. so how can i exam the table in pieces.

and anyone know how to assemble the snooker table, can;t find any instruction on google.

the table is even older than me.....lol, hope it still works. do i need to worry if it's still flat?
    it was the top of the range at the time though.

Comment

I think you'll find you need a professional fitter to set up the table properly.

Are you moving it yourself? You do realise just how heavy those five slates are?

Comment

Originally Posted by justfofo View Post
        hi, i am going to buy a 1977 full size snooker table, i have not seen it though, anyone have experience of dealing with old tables? anything need to be taken care of ? the table is already disassembled, so i may not see it in the whole ,until i take it back home. so how can i exam the table in pieces.

and anyone know how to assemble the snooker table, can;t find any instruction on google.

If you have no experience in dismatle and errection , How are you going to know if it is complete and no parts missing , Iv'e lost count of people who buy a table in bits , pick it up , take it home , call me in , and parts are missing , I''ve had major frame parts missing on one job to all the bolts and one pocket plate on another , or even no cushions on another ???
        My advice for anyone buying a table is , buy one that is allready in situ , you can then paly a few slow balls down the table to check for trueness of slates , or even cushion bounce , always get underneath the table and check for wedges jammed in frame work under slates , or cracked slates that have been repaired .
        buying one dismantled is a big risk , not just for a you , but for a time served fitter like myself . I always like to see a table in situ before I could make an honest opinion of the quality .

the best modern table to buy in my opinion is a karnhem and hillman , I do not know if any made it over to youre shores though .
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Working...
        X