Standard height of a snooker table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard height of a snooker table

Does anybody know what is the standard/normal height of a full size snooker table? TIA
    Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

two foot 9 and a half inch to 2 foot 10 and a half inch is the norm to the top of the cushion capping ( not the bed ) as quoted by wikipedia . a rooms floor level could make the table higher in parts though , as the table is leveled from its highest point of the frame when assembled , so if a floor ran out 2 inch over the 12 foot lenth , expect 2 inch of packing at that end to add to the normal height of the table .

I have seen many tables from 29 inch to 35 inch in circulation to top of bed at lowest leg point .
    if you have a printed set of rules these do state the measurements of a full size table and they are not set in stone , they give a variation , so in a true reply to youre question of how heigh is a standard table , there is not one . also the over hang of the cushion around the table can vary by as much as 1/4 of an inch from 1 and 7/8ths to 2 and 1/8th .

although I have come across lower and higher tables , these are either cutt down legs or custom made for smaller people , or in the case of the higher table , we took one out of a police station which was over the normal height , for policemen are tall !

one of the strangest levels I have done is in a farmers pig or cattle shed , which had a 3 inch drop in 6 foot across the width , ended up putting bricks under one side as the farmer was too tight to pay for the floor to be leveled , needless to say he required a step ladder to play on one side :snooker: he said he would put self leveling compund to the height of the bricks , the table was still like it 10 years after putting it in , when I called back to recover it for the Farmers son .
    Last edited by Geoff Large; 8 July 2009, 11:14 PM. Reason: slight mistake
    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

As per reason for edit.
      Last edited by moglet; 4 July 2009, 11:09 PM. Reason: Mistaken post, hit the wrong button! Sorry

Comment

Working...
      X