can a 7X4 slate bed pool table go upstairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can a 7X4 slate bed pool table go upstairs

Hi, thinking about buying a recon pub type pool table 7x4 in size, has anyone ever sited one of thses upstairs or realistically would you need to reinforce the floor, your experience would be appreciated !! John

i would be tempted to lay a piece of sterling board 3/4 " an put the table on that. it'll spread the weight therefore not requiring the floor supporting.

Comment

Iv'e sited many upstairs , what you have to look out for is will the main body fit up the stairs first ,a thin slate will prob go and also the cusion surround frame , but a bulky main body may not , I have even dismantled the main body and inner rail system and reasembled again upstairs to please one customer .
      Do not carry the slate upstairs first , the main body is the one to go first . or you will look daft carrying the slate back down if the body will not go up . don't laugh Iv'e watched other firms do it with a big grin on my face .
      the board trick is good advice on strenthening the floor .
      one of the most popular tables to buy is the winner supreme , and one I would advise for you to get , due to spares allways available , But check cushion rubber is good before you buy , and also that the slate is in good condition , no airline cracks .
      Some good deals on ebay for winner supreme new and s/h , just don't expect the delivery man to set it up for you or carry it upstairs .
      Last edited by Geoff Large; 8 July 2009, 11:15 PM.
      [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

thanks everyone(in particular geoff) for your advice, i didnt think it was gonna be possible to site a table upstairs because of the weight but i guess it is possible, i think i will still try and check the floor out before i take the plunge but i'm more confident than i was!!

Comment

Originally Posted by robsonj View Post
          thanks everyone(in particular geoff) for your advice, i didnt think it was gonna be possible to site a table upstairs because of the weight but i guess it is possible, i think i will still try and check the floor out before i take the plunge but i'm more confident than i was!!
          A pool table should not weigh any more than two large people in a double bed or a womans fully loaded double wardrobe
          [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

I have got a full size, 4 slate snooker table at my house which is upstairs. It was hard work getting it up the stairs but we got it there in the end. There hasn't been any problems with it and the table has been there for 5 years.

Comment

a freeplay supreme winner weighs 235kg iirc - therefore its about the same as 4 little 9 stone people standing on your floor....

Comment

The problem isn't the weight so much as the pressure. If a floor is weak a leg could punch through it- think of man weighing 100Kg standing on your foot- unpleasant- but his wife weighing half as much but wearing a high heel will do serious damage! If in doubt just put something under the legs to spread the load a bit- ideally over a joist. (I know nothing about snooker tables but have installed plenty of seriously heavy safes over the years).
                王可

Comment

Working...
                X