No announcement yet.

Flooring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with carpet is that it holds dust and makes the room more polluted so the extra dust may cause you allergic problems..

Comment

OK I will put in a request for a carpet but will need to be there when it goes down I suppose. I shall get several people to help lifting the table per Geoff's recommendation.

Geoff re Mortice & tennon joints- ho ho ho. This is a Chinese made table. I doubt if there is anything very structural under there. What if I put some 4 x 2 right under from one side to the other and got ateam to lift the table that way?
      王可

Comment

you will upset the slate joints , you do not need any people just a small 2 ton bottle jack and a piece of wood or two of these one each side place near centre legs would be better cost approx £10 each in uk , jack up so thay you can pull carpet under first two legs , then move jacks as you pull carpet under next two legs and so on , jack up evenly each side and only enough to clear for carpet to slide under , you will prob have to have a relevel when you have done this .
        if youre table bed cloth is due a stretch then all the better .
        if the carpet has underlay then it is going to be very difficult , I would still recomend carpet tiles as the easier option , and if you think about it , when they wear you can move the worn ones around .
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Working...
        X